Nas debuts at #1, pushes 149K (LiG could be # 1 in it's second week)

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I got a thread about this coming. The way these people on here are slighting jay is unacceptable

_e40.jpg

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't know why people are that surprised. Nas has done fairly well commercially considering that he not nearly as much commercial buzz as Jay-Z.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Wale album was not garbage

Good production, great lyrics, hit records. What more can you want

Yo, I got a thread about this train of thought coming soon. C/s to the fullest

Link, to the millions spent in promotion and def jam being upset about it

C/s, I got a thread about this coming. The way these people on here are slighting jay is unacceptable
I didn't slate Jay at all...u would have to be a fool to think Jay wouldnt sell more than this out the gate...the nikka is just more popular simple and plain...

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
:youngsabo:

[ame=http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh4Y18p0FPnSRweHEV]Video: Jay-Z: Duracell Powermat Commercial[/ame]

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Jay's popularity went skyrocket since he got up with beyonce, before that he was a great rap star but nothing more than the others. To the day he linked up with be he came a public figure in the white media so from then on, no matter the quality of his discs, he will sell automaticly a lot (even a weak collab like the linkin park one)

Daps
Jay's popularity went skyrocket since he got up with beyonce, before that he was a great rap star but nothing more than the others. To the day he linked up with be he came a public figure in the white media so from then on, no matter the quality of his discs, he will sell automaticly a lot (even a weak collab like the linkin park one)

and Kanye blowing up..the whole fake retirement thing..

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09062m01

It’ll be an OG rapper vs. a country-rocker for the top spot on next week’s HITS Album chart.

The last two best-sellers—Nas’ Def Jam/IDJ album, Life is Good, and Zac Brown Band’s Atlanti9c release Uncaged, #1-2 on this week’s chart—should vie for the lead on Tuesday’s tally as well.

Let's do it brehs. Let's give Nasir the # 1 spot for 2 straight weeks

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

Kelis was pretty popular, they were straight together, till she raped tht nikka for child support.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
150,000 from a rapper who has never been big on interviews and self promotion. I'll take that all day everyday. It took me a long time to admit that Nas can't fukk with Jay commercially, but artisitically it's a whole nother story. And in 10 to 20 years we not gonna care or talk about whose albums sold what. We're gonna talk about albums that stand the test of time. Not saying that Jay doesnt got any of those, but Nas makes soulful conscious music that makes you think and his music is more timeless to me. I just wish Nas wouldn't have waited till his money got funny to start doing interviews consistenly and wish he would have just went all out with the self-promotion.