Nas debuts at #1, pushes 149K (LiG could be # 1 in it's second week)

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
This just isn't true.. Jay is more popular than Nas in the mainstream period..Nobody ever says "I don't like rap, but I listen to Nas"...While you hear this from Jay-Z and Eminem fans all the time...Oprah and Michelle Obama probably don't even know who Nas is...Jay has just done a superior job at self promotion...

It's been that way for over a decade... He doesn't need Alicia Keys and Kanye to outsell Nas...

:lolbron:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder who featured on that Nas single called "Make The World Go Round" or something.

Or that Hero joint.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
These are terrific numbers. I'm actually surprised. I think the strength of the record is driving sales that would have otherwise topped out around 100k if this were just another Nas album and not his second best album ever.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't understand the sales argument with Nas vs Jay. We all know Jay is more popular with the demographic that buys album (whatever that may be :scheme:)

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This just isn't true.. Jay is more popular than Nas in the mainstream period..Nobody ever says "I don't like rap, but I listen to Nas"...While you hear this from Jay-Z and Eminem fans all the time...Oprah and Michelle Obama probably don't even know who Nas is...Jay has just done a superior job at self promotion...

It's been that way for over a decade... He doesn't need Alicia Keys and Kanye to outsell Nas...

this is true.. I applaud Jay for that. I dont think anyone realizes how hard it is for Jay to be in the position he got to whether you like his songs or think he's shallow or just plain hating.

I just happen to prefer Nas' music over Jays. But I love Jay's music. and yeah I will say Nas is more of the Artists Artist but Jay has been magnificent at keeping his relevancy at the top. I cant hate that.

Both are in the top 3 of all time. I dont care who your 3rd is.. But Nas and Jay solidified their position years ago

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many albums has has sold total nationally? has sales record as far as units moved is underrated. he is no slouch. got to be at about 10 miilli. for a non sellout rapper that a lot.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are terrific numbers. I'm actually surprised. I think the strength of the record is driving sales that would have otherwise topped out around 100k if this were just another Nas album and not his second best album ever.

:thumbsup:

i think this is gonna become the accepted wisdom. i see nas die hards arguing for stillmatic etc, but its clear this is his 2nd best album.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nas did 149k so take trash Miller out the equation.

Wale dropped a garbage album anyways.

Wale album was not garbage

Good production, great lyrics, hit records. What more can you want

Sooooooo If HOV sales 145k in his first week, his career is over....but for Nas, its an accomplishment:pachaha:

Yo, I got a thread about this train of thought coming soon. C/s to the fullest

that nikka spent millions on promotion for Kingdom Come...Def Jam was even tight bout that shyt...and Blueprint 3 had HIT singles like Run This Town AND Empire State Of Mind...but I still think Jay would sell more out the gate then Nas tho..he's simply just more popular...

Link, to the millions spent in promotion and def jam being upset about it

C/s, I got a thread about this coming. The way these people on here are slighting jay is unacceptable