NAPOLEON - Discussion Thread (Directed by Ridley Scott, Staring Joaquin Phoenix)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the movie was fine and I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't impactful like Oppenheimer or Killers of the Flower Moon but still a well made film.

I'm looking for to the extended director's cut edition

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Your not wrong it would been much better as a tv series
I feel like there are entire segments of his life that were not fleshed out and were only lightly touched upon

Feels like it boiled him down to chasing after Josephine and either winning or losing battles

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like there are entire segments of his life that were but fleshed out it were only lightly touched upon

Feels like it boiled him down to chasing after Josephine and either winning or losing battles
One major aspect of Napoleon's character was his aversion to being looked down upon, which drove him to achieve great heights. However, this aspect was not adequately covered in the movie, nor was his upbringing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I feel like there are entire segments of his life that were not fleshed out and were only lightly touched upon

An historical figure like Napoleon has too many important chapters in his life to have a movie span so many years of it and not feel underwhelming. The only way biopics like these truly work is if they focus on one single important moment of their lives (and you can throw in some flashbacks if you want to flesh out the character more and throw some winks to other historical moments if his life).

Considering how TV has changed in the last decade, an all encompassing story about Napoleon would undoubtedly be better as a series.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'm a sucker for Ridley Scott vistas, how were they in this film?

Kingdom of Heaven was absolutely beautiful

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Going Tuesday when my theaters have discount prices, I feel I should still hold out because he always releases the extended cut later

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
It seems like folks are saying this was played to be intentionally funny and it's getting lost of most of the audience.