Name something you did for yourself as an adult for no other reason than the fact that you werent allowed it as a kid (besides sex)

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
I have a huge archive of 90s and early 2000s issues of The Source, Vibe, XXL magazines. I used to sit in magazine aisles as a kid and read them every month but could never buy them because I had no money so I collect them now
I had a huge collection of xxl mags.
I use to cut the covers off,and hang them . Covered my entire wall. Wish I would have put them on cardboard and saved them.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Yea but do you have time to play them all ? :sadbron:
I bought about 20 games I always wanted to play, never finished even 3 of them and about half of those I've never played even once. :snoop:

Child me would be distraught to see my relationship with video games today. :snoop:
I do however, watch video game play throughs more often I'd like to admit. :why:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Stopped going to church

Yup. My shift happened freshman year of college in 2008.

First few Sunday's being away from home and not going to church, I thought to myself "why did I go to church?"

Answer: because my mom made me

My church consisted of listening to "I'll Fly Away" off of College Dropout every Sunday :russ:

Church never really moved me butI did have some good takeaways: I enjoyed the music, people watching and admired how great of an orator the pastor was. But I came to the realization, just because I don't go to church or necessarily believe in a higher power doesn't make me a bad person. I was raised and still embody "Christian values" and my life ain't turn out turrible

Daps
Reppin
NYC
As a kid my dad made me go to school and never miss a day. Rain, snow, sickness, the apocalypse, I had to go.
That sh*t was terrible, I seen the other students miss days and still graduate.

Now as an adult, I get 7,8, whatever sick days you bet I'm taking them bishes.
A random Tuesday I'm calling in sick. Hit the gym, hit the park, hit the mall, on some Ferris Bueller sh*t.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I literally bought every pair of sneakers that my parents wouldn’t buy me when I was a kid after I became an adult, even though I don’t really wear sneakers.