Name a recent player (post-1980) whose accomplishments are forgotten

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think Mark Price and Chris Mullin are two forgotten players too that I think would absolutely kill in today's game. Mark Price was always a crafty ball handler and in today's era where it's encouraged to shoot a bunch of threes he'd be unstoppable.

:gucci:

If a 6'0" White boy with no athleticism could kill in the NBA on shooting and craftiness alone there would be a dozen of them in the league today. :skip:

He killed in his day because there were a lot of short unathletic point guards and help defense was pathetic. He made 1st-team All-NBA in the same year that Bobby Hurley got drafted #7 despite being 6'0" 165lbs without any discernible athleticism or elite skill. In this era he'd have way more trouble getting his shot off and most of the league's point guards would kill him on defense.

Mark Price would be a shorter Seth Curry in today's game. :manny:

Moses Malone. He’s a three time MVP. More than Olajuwon, Admiral, Shaq, Ewing and yet when people list best Centers, their names seem to come up before his it seems. Hell, 3 MVPs should be automatic inclusion into anyone’s top 10 right? But if you ask here to name a top 10 all time, I think people would just forget him

Moses Malone doesn't get rated highly because his go-to move was pretty much crashing the boards for his own offensive rebounds. He absolutely overpowered guys physically in his era, but he wouldn't have had the same advantages later on in the game.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Another great one.

Marion was the best rebounder ever for a non-big. And a fantastic defender too. And somehow could score despite that ugly-ass shot. And you're both right - ten years from now anyone who isn't watching 2011 Finals highlights or 2000s Suns clips is going to forget he existed.

Pardon my ignorance but are Dennis rodman and charles barkley considered big men:patrice:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Armon Gilliam was a solid NBA player who nobody gave a damn about...Shame

2108-670102Bk.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Pardon my ignorance but are Dennis rodman and charles barkley considered big men:patrice:

Yes, definitely. Even if they "could" play the 3, they were slotted in as a 4 on both offense and defense for the large majority of their careers, and not even a small-ball 4 but really a solid 4. Whereas Shawn Marion was definitely on the perimeter as a 3 in both directions for most of his career, he just crashed down on those boards like nobody's business.

Tony Delk, only guard ever to score 50 pts with no three pointers :wow:

I had to check the Andre Miller game to make sure you weren't lying. Miller was 1-1 from three in that game. :wow:

Last edited:

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Even in Portland he doesn't get respect like that. My sister had a close friend who was getting the moves put on her by both Zach and Qyntel, and talking about it girls were like, "Oh, Qyntel, he's so cute!" as if Zach wasn't even mentioned. :skip:
You seem upset that your sisters friend didn't think ZBo was cute :dame: