Name a recent player (post-1980) whose accomplishments are forgotten

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even in Portland he doesn't get respect like that. My sister had a close friend who was getting the moves put on her by both Zach and Qyntel, and talking about it girls were like, "Oh, Qyntel, he's so cute!" as if Zach wasn't even mentioned. :skip:
:dame:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alvin Robertson: 4 time all star, DPOY, 6x All Defensive, in his prime was giving you 17.5/6/6 & 3 steals a game on good shooting % for a guard.

Michael Adams: One of the OG chuckers, had maybe the worst 20 & 10 season a PG ever put up.

Alex English and Mark Aguirre were two of the best pure scorers I ever saw.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mark Eaton. One of the best shot blockers and defensive players of all time in the 80s, but never talked about

Eaton was massive, but he was a garbage player. Think of how shytty you have to be to be 7'4 & 275, play with Stockton and Malone, but never average double digits in points and shoot low to mid 40% from the floor for the bulk of your career. He was just long and big as fukk and could block shots without jumping. A while back I went searching for highlight clips of his, and nearly cried from laughing. They were showing passes out of the post and free throws in one of the "highlight" videos.

If Dana Barrows played in this era:whoo:

Dan Margyle (sp?)

You would've thought it was just Chuck and Kev taking them to the finals

:francis:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Alvin Robertson: 4 time all star, DPOY, 6x All Defensive, in his prime was giving you 17.5/6/6 & 3 steals a game on good shooting % for a guard.

Michael Adams: One of the OG chuckers, had maybe the worst 20 & 10 season a PG ever put up.

Alex English and Mark Aguirre were two of the best pure scorers I ever saw.

You win. I don't even remember who Alvin Robertson and Michael Adams were and they both played into the mid-1990s. :dwillhuh:

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
deron vs cp3 used to be a heated debate
That fall off was nasty

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You win. I don't even remember who Alvin Robertson and Michael Adams were and they both played into the mid-1990s. :dwillhuh:

His story post-basketball is funky:

Ex-Spur’s charges dropped, but says ‘It ruined me. I lost everything.’

Jordan said he was one of the best defenders he ever played against. You might recognize him as the guy in the ubiquitous gif where Shaq snuffs him. But what the gif doesn't capture is Robertson immediately threw a punch back and had to be restrained from Shaq. He wanted that smoke.

NBA All-Toughness Team

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Andrew Toney “The Boston Strangler”: When Barkley says you’re the best out of the numerous great players he’s played with, you know that person was a great talent. It’s too bad he had injury issues

Tony Campbell: The best player in Timberwolves history before Garnett came. Although only for a very short time

Chuck Person “The Rifleman”: Was one of the best three point shooters in his era

Glen Rice: During his Charlotte years was shooting above 40% I think on high volume for his era. The three point line was shortened but still, I don’t recall a shooter as hot and consistent as he was at the time

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Ricky Pierce was a bucket-getter...had multiple 20-point seasons, won 6th man of the year twice and averaged 23 ppg off the bench...went off on the Bulls in a game where neither Jordan nor Pippen could slow him

When Ricky used to get hot. :whew:

Those Bucks teams were good. Just the misfortune of being good enough to be in the playoffs but not great enough to beat the great teams.

Alvin Robertson was a defensive high jumper

Last edited: