Name a recent player (post-1980) whose accomplishments are forgotten

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
shyt that whole Dallas Mavericks team from that era. Mark Aguirre, Derek Harper, and Rolando Blackmon. Adrian Dantley.

My top choice is Alex English. Averaged over 20 straight for 10 straight years with the last 8 being over 25. One of the best mid range games ever. His midrange game is right up there with the MJ's and Kobe's.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Fat Lever

Great years in Denver

Alex English as well

Him and fat lever was dame dollar and CJ
I look at Fat as more of the Rondo type but he had a crazy run for a few years. Dude was a walking triple double for a while there. shyt like this thread is why I wish NBA TV had player spotlights highlighting the forgotten stars.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think Mark Price and Chris Mullin are two forgotten players too that I think would absolutely kill in today's game. Mark Price was always a crafty ball handler and in today's era where it's encouraged to shoot a bunch of threes he'd be unstoppable. I always thought Mullin was overrated. But I been watching a bunch of old games lately and Mullin was a beast. Between being a deadly shooter he was an amazing passer too and just saw the game a few steps ahead. Golden State is the forgotten dynasty that should've been. They had Tim Hardaway, Spreewell (another forgotten player), Mullin, and Webber with Billy Owens who was a nice complimentary player to go along with that. They never got to play with that whole team all together. Just add a solid bench piece or two and they could've been contenders if Webber didn't force his way out.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Another 10 years from now, people are going to look back at Shawn Marion like this.

He had a 20 & 12 season as a SF......He was only 6'7 and didn't really have the body type to

bang in the paint.That shyt cray

I remember a SICK spin move-dunk combo he pulled on Kobe as a ROOKIE that had me and my pops like:krs:

Marion was THAT dude back in the day

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
shyt that whole Dallas Mavericks team from that era. Mark Aguirre, Derek Harper, and Rolando Blackmon. Adrian Dantley.

My top choice is Alex English. Averaged over 20 straight for 10 straight years with the last 8 being over 25. One of the best mid range games ever. His midrange game is right up there with the MJ's and Kobe's.
That 80s Mavericks squad.... :wow:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dan Margyle (sp?)

You would've thought it was just Chuck and Kev taking them to the finals

oh shyt i remember him. :ohhh:

dude would take off his warm-ups and walk on the court like:

izod-midnight-argyle-sweater-vest-product-1-14611714-640253399.jpeg

dan margyle... :mjlol:

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Moses Malone. He’s a three time MVP. More than Olajuwon, Admiral, Shaq, Ewing and yet when people list best Centers, their names seem to come up before his it seems. Hell, 3 MVPs should be automatic inclusion into anyone’s top 10 right? But if you ask here to name a top 10 all time, I think people would just forget him :manny:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another 10 years from now, people are going to look back at Shawn Marion like this.

He had a 20 & 12 season as a SF......He was only 6'7 and didn't really have the body type to

bang in the paint.That shyt cray
Bringing up Matrix makes me think of AK47. For a time he literally could do it all. Two players who foreshadowed what the league would be.

dayun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Down Under
I think Mark Price and Chris Mullin are two forgotten players too that I think would absolutely kill in today's game. Mark Price was always a crafty ball handler and in today's era where it's encouraged to shoot a bunch of threes he'd be unstoppable. I always thought Mullin was overrated. But I been watching a bunch of old games lately and Mullin was a beast. Between being a deadly shooter he was an amazing passer too and just saw the game a few steps ahead. Golden State is the forgotten dynasty that should've been. They had Tim Hardaway, Spreewell (another forgotten player), Mullin, and Webber with Billy Owens who was a nice complimentary player to go along with that. They never got to play with that whole team all together. Just add a solid bench piece or two and they could've been contenders if Webber didn't force his way out.

Was going to post him. He's who got me watching the nba. Repped :myman::salute:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moses Malone. He’s a three time MVP. More than Olajuwon, Admiral, Shaq, Ewing and yet when people list best Centers, their names seem to come up before his it seems. Hell, 3 MVPs should be automatic inclusion into anyone’s top 10 right? But if you ask here to name a top 10 all time, I think people would just forget him :manny:
It's weird as he played mostly at Center but I always think of him as a forward.