NABJ Presidential Candidates Forum 2019 /* Trump to field questions at NABJ 2024

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

The National Association of Black Journalists U.S. Presidential Candidates Forum features candidates running for U.S. President who have accepted an invitation to participate in a special forum during the 2019 NABJ Convention & Career Fair. Candidates participating in the forum, in alphabetical order, include: · U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) · South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) · U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) · Former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld (R-MA) Moderators: Joy-Ann Reid, political analyst for MSNBC and host of "AM Joy" · Alexi McCammond, political reporter for Axios and NABJ's 2019 Emerging Journalist of the Year · Vann Newkirk, politics and policy writer for The Atlantic

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Only 3? :mjlol:
Conflicting schedules :hula: no relevancy

Black media and journalists ate well during Obama's run and presidency. They didn't know that it was the last supper though. At least they didn't pull the Tavis Smiley routine. "Not coming to MY event means you are turning your back on Black America".
Black voting numbers trended down before Obama.....Spiked during his runs...and continued the downward trend with Hillary. When the field thins down to a a handful of candidates, if there is a Black person still in the field, Black journalists will eat again.

Who’s the jawn? :steviej:
Alexi Mccammond.
She's the replacement for Joy Ann Reid. You could call her a seat filler.
you be the judge

Alexi-McCammond-Riding-Bicycle-819x1024.jpg

------
and no stone goes unturned on the coli

Alexi-McCammond-boyfriend-Rob-Groulx%201.JPG

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
CNNradio just reported that Buttigieg appeared on the Breakfast Club

, they are ACTUALLY interviewing Charlemagne the G. right now as if he is a political power broker.
wow

Real Black journalists are considered to hold less sway than the guy who used to be Wendy Williams' flunkie

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
. At least they didn't pull the Tavis Smiley routine. "Not coming to MY event means you are turning your back on Black America".
woah...................
I'm sure the vid will be put up later, but I just heard this exchange on the cnnradio app

CNN "have you had Joe Biden on"
CTG" he offered to send a representative"
CNN "how do you view that"
CTG "that he feels that he doesn't have to face Black America"

Where does this ego shyt come from? If you don't appear on MY platform, you are brushing off Black voters?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
CNNradio just reported that Buttigieg appeared on the Breakfast Club

, they are ACTUALLY interviewing Charlemagne the G. right now as if he is a political power broker.
wow

Real Black journalists are considered to hold less sway than the guy who used to be Wendy Williams' flunkie

Wow...he really wants the black vote bad if hes willing to go on the breakfast club.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Wow...he really wants the black vote bad if hes willing to go on the breakfast club.
He wants that youth vote. That's a very influential platform among teens and 20s of different races.
CTG was overstating the impact that show has on the overall Black vote.

But yes, Buttigieg's campaign managers determined that appearing on the BC would help his chances.