My unbiased "Nasir" album review after like my 20th listen...

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nas finally got decent production... then his flow drops off :heh:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I haven't heard the album since hearing it on the listening party livestream (waiting for the final product). I really wasn't feeling most of what I heard. First couple tracks sounded kinda weak and overproduced. Also too much singing for my taste and Cops Shot the Kid sounded hella messy. Bonjour and Adam & Eve sounded great though. Hopefully Mike Dean cleaned the shyt up.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hope this album is successful. If this album does really well, maybe it'll be incentive for Nas to drop the material he was working on before. Still like this album though.
He waited 6 years to drop an album and we all know this wasn't it. What is stopping him from releasing his normal well thought out sub par production having opuses :gucci:?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My cousin just called me and this album came up, he was like yo you heard that new nas joint :lolbron:I was like yeah it sucks :yeshrug:so then he said yo you know what it sounds like.. throwaway tracks for a kanye and nas album :aicmon:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's a 3/5 to me. It's alright, and I'm disappointed. The beats are good...but for the most part they aren't what I expected Kanye to give Nas. He matched Pusha's previous sound perfectly. Grimy shyt mixed with some extravagance here or there...that's the Clipse sound. Ye sounds like a modern Kanye album, for good and bad (mostly, bad). But this Nas album doesn't sound like NAS. It sounds like a Kanye album featuring Nas.

Cops Shot The Kid is dope but Nas is pretty tame on it. Hell, Kanye's verse brings more emotion and semi-storytelling. Dunno. I like the album but I doubt it'll crack my top ten this year, which is crazy. If you told me Nas and Kanye would do an album I would assume it would be great. I told everyone this would be great, Kanye is a Nas stan so he understands what he sounds good on, etc etc etc. WE MAJOR, for christs sake. Instead we got trap drums. His flow is off in large part because of the drums. Yea he has lost a step like most older rappers, but not like this. It's the drums.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I actually would like to hear Ye and Nas again because I think they work well together but I think they also were just getting to feel each other out. As a collective I think with time, they could make more great music. Once Ye' announced he was producing Nas' album I think there was just too much pressure on both of them to come up with something definitive. They're both very decorated and highly revered artists with a lot under their belts. Sometimes it's hard trying to mesh two superstars creatively and get the sound that represents the best of both artist combined.

With that being said, they should work together more. Kanye is getting back to that soulful sound and he did a lot with those minimal samples. Nas is great at painting pictures and draws you in with the straightforwardness of his depictions. If they explored more and didn't rush. Take a year or two and really push each other, they could have something better and more organic sounding than WTT. I say this as a Hov' stan.