My unbiased "Nasir" album review after like my 20th listen...

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nas flow is fine to me, the album itself is just a little directionless. Kanye and Nas doesn't work for me.
Define “fine” tho. Nas’ flow isn’t supposed to be just “fine”

It’s like nikkas is settling for anything

Nas is one of the greatest ever with one of the most greatest natural flows ever. It’s nowhere on Nasir

Daps
Define “fine” tho. Nas’ flow isn’t supposed to be just “fine”

It’s like nikkas is settling for anything

Nas is one of the greatest ever with one of the most greatest natural flows ever. It’s nowhere on Nasir
Nowhere? Yeah, his flow was just complete garbage on the likes of Adam & Eve. :comeon:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I think its a solid album, but I can't help but think that Nas vocals were just slapped on to some beats, and Nas' didn't actually write/record to these beats during the recording process. All to make the date, this past Friday.

Like, i love "Everything" but that 2nd verse seems like a Book of Rhymes situation.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere? Yeah, his flow was just complete garbage on the likes of Adam & Eve. :comeon:
Breh do you remember how Nas flow sounded on the Life Is Good era tracks?

Go listen to Nasty and The Black Bond and tell me Adam & Eve is Nas flowing like that :francis:

And Adam & Eve + Everything Nas is rapping at his more usual pace compared to the other tracks don’t get me wrong, but it’s nothing mind blowing

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Breh do you remember how Nas flow sounded on the Life Is Good era tracks?

Go listen to Nasty and The Black Bond and tell me Adam & Eve is Nas flowing like that :francis:

And Adam & Eve + Everything Nas is rapping at his more usual pace compared to the other tracks don’t get me wrong, but it’s nothing mind blowing
People complained about his flow in Life Is Good. U know that right. Go back and look at the threads and comments. Lol

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
People complained about his flow in Life Is Good. U know that right. Go back and look at the threads and comments. Lol
That’s cuz nikkas on here are morons and trolls

Nas flow was straight butter on LIG

Only part I remember him being “off beat” is that last verse on Bye Baby, and it isn’t even really him being off beat cuz the drums phased in and out

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That’s cuz nikkas on here are morons and trolls

Nas flow was straight butter on LIG

Only part I remember him being “off beat” is that last verse on Bye Baby, and it isn’t even really him being off beat cuz the drums phased in and out
Like I said fam. People was sayin it. Bye Baby was more out of pocket than every song on this album by the way.

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
Im not a big Nas fan at all but i think him being out of pocket on a couple songs is being kinda overblown. There are moments that feel like he wrote his raps without hearing the beat first but it isn't too far off. Maybe i have low expectations for older rappers rapping on modern beats.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Usually when an album is made there are like 20 to 30 songs that are made and then there is a collaborative effort to pick which ones make the album.

With this project, it seems as though they made 7 songs back to back to back to back to back.... and that's it. Kanye made 7 tracks and they simply worked around it. In fact, It seems like this was made in a few days. Kanye made all of these beats in a span of a few hours, and Nas wrote that shyt in one day.

Pusha T's album it seems got the most care :manny:

But it's still a dope album. It's just not long enough.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I like the album, think you have to be a hardcore Nas fan to properly enjoy the album...Nas flow is a bit dis-jointed at times, so i can understand if a rap fan don't like it.

It by no means a classic album, another stellar effort from Nas to add to his catalogue .

3.75/5

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Weird u disliked "Simple things"

because that along with "Everything" and "Adam and Eve" are the only songs I like from the album

Threw the rest in the bushes and I'm a Nas stan.

Cop Shot the Kid is almost "Who Done it" (from HHID) levels of wack, So I agree with u on that one