My unbiased "Nasir" album review after like my 20th listen...

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weird u disliked "Simple things"

because that along with "Everything" and "Adam and Eve" are the only songs I like from the album

That second verse man, I hate hearing verses that sound like they were written in 2 minutes, and that's definitely one of those. I'm not asking for Lupe Fiasco level entendres and patterns and ish, but at least show some effort, shyt sounds like Nore wrote it. I'm surprised you didn't like "Bonjour", shyt is clean. Bonjour and Adam and Eve are probably the only 2 songs that I'll listen to from this album moving forward, rest of that shyt aint really my twist, and I really tried to force myself to like them, lol.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Like I said fam. People was sayin it. Bye Baby was more out of pocket than every song on this album by the way.
There will always be critcism cuz he's the GOAT lyricist. With this album you can tell that this got cooked up within the last month lol

The meal wasn't even finished on the release date :pachaha:

I'm eager to hear the actual album he's been working on for the past several years.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People complained about his flow in Life Is Good. U know that right. Go back and look at the threads and comments. Lol
It's highlighted more now since this album only has 7 songs. There were madd instances of the flow being shaky on LIG too, I never liked "Bye Bye Baby" for that reason.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt was good

Daytona spoiled us all tho
Yeah, I think we all thought that all of these shorter projects would be just as cohesive as DAYTONA was, but it's clear everybody didn't work as closely as Pusha did with Ye to get his shyt perfected. The other projects are good, just not as precise as DAYTONA is, but I'll take it. I think Teyana's album is going to be dope af

cenoflg

Pro
Daps
shyt was weak:yeshrug: nas album done walk thru with future and that song with Travis Scott are better that every song on here imo the production was trash lyrics where on point but the flows just wasn't working for me :flabbynsick:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I agree with almost all of this, simple things for me gets a 3 and that's the only discrepancy. :manny:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just here to report that I got attacked/negged by the Nas Stan Fundamentalists on here the night of the listening party for saying this same shyt despite the fact that nas is my favorite MC. A lot of people don't want to face facts. It's nothing special and I hold LIG in higher regard :yeshrug:. Sorry again for unvarnished truth stanleys :hubie:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hope this album is successful. If this album does really well, maybe it'll be incentive for Nas to drop the material he was working on before. Still like this album though.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This is the 1st Nas album I don’t want to revisit. I’m used to his albums having a theme(HHID, Untitled, & Life is Good) and you know actually being good. This shyt is mediocre and his stanbase is propping up as great. It’s not

Pusha>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nas trusted c00nye too much

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas ain't built for the EP-type format. Seems like Nasir ended just as he was starting to warmup. It worked for Pusha because he deals with one topic (the drug game and all its ramifications) and with the 7 song format he gets his point across then it ends just before it gets redundant. Nas meanwhile deals with multiple topics and themes that 7 songs can't cover in a satisfying way. Obviously Nas pulled off the short album/multiple theme thing with Illmatic but he's no longer on that level skillwise and creatively where he could do that again

Daytona felt like a short film with a beginning, middle and end. Nasir felt like the first act of a feature film. I liked it, but for it to be his first project in 6 years it felt underwhelming.