my time warner internet bill is 73.00

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
companies have to be in your area first. you cant be in the middle of kansas like oh shyt i want fios i have lines send me a signal, they have to have mtc's, headends, nodes, satellites for broadcast feeds, then distribution centers, stores, techs.

an issue with some areas is that the wiring in your area has been out there since the 70's and 80's. im talkin the underground wiring, most of the drops if you still have them have likely been replaced. but just like your apt. who know when that wiring was put in, and old streets that used to have 10 houses now have to apt buildings with 60 units, still have the wiring for the 10 houses theres just splitters. the signals degraded. is the landlord gonna be like yea lets rewire the whole building..nah hes gonna be like im getting my rent fukk their tv.

then the cable companies and the cities have to get together to agree to build or run new wiring, which costs a fortune. i cant remember off the top of my head but a mile of fiber is like/was like $500,000 or some shyt. Comcast cant just go in your back yard like, hey we are puttin in new lines.

its a hassle but what are you gonna do. i feel you pain i moved into a house that was built in 1912 had cable wiring put in in the early 80's i couldnt have a digital box and a modem, i did but it was shytty. i moved and my new place got fresh rewired, now i got whole home dvr, 3 boxes, 8 tuners, and super fast internet, no drops ever. and people complain about cable/internet im like "what are you talking about?"
***snorts 35 second***

I stay in 1 of the new housing additions around the Ruston Way/ Dash Point area in Tacoma, what you said is basically the truth, because it is alot of older homes nearby in the area, and at one point it was a tunnel you had to go thru, before they redid the waterfront on the end where I stay, I had Comcast internet, and Click phone and Tv, since Click Tv and phone was cheaper than anywhere, I was payin 75 for internet that kept dropping, then one day I seen Qwest a employee in the neighborhood, putting door knockers out, and talked to her, and one of the technicians happen to drive by and we chopped it up, and said they were installing fiber optics in the area.

The Tech said since the area im in is still being under construction its easier for them to kill 2 birds with one stone by making it so that every new home built will have a dedicated fiber line there as a option if they were to go with qwest(before it turned to centurylink) vs having to share the same node throughout the neighborhood, and not being able to experience the true potential speed, due to the filtering,packeting and connection sharing most isp's know they could fix, but too lazy to do it, because the average homeowner not aware they are getting fukked and how they getting fukked.
I called my mom, and asked her about it she said they told the truth, and told me what they said is the reason why I would be amazed at the speed of my parents connection vs what I have. Told me when its available switch over asap.
Once it was available, I could tell the difference, then when Qwest went to Centurylink speed was a little more faster and bill a whole lot cheaper.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
shaq-laugh.gif
that chick was on some strongarming shieeet

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
-TV (3 premium channels, Sports pass, 2 boxes), 30mbs internet and phone = $190

:yeshrug:

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
29.99 via charter. Unlimited and pretty fast. Only for 1 year and I have about 5 months left. :sadcam:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
19.95 through AT&T.

Fast as hell and I stream everything, because it takes 45 minutes to download a 700mb movie.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
$85 for time warner road runner extreme internet :to:

Raping us out here :sadcam:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
$45-50/month with TWC

But now they started charging $6/month to lease a modem :damn::what::comeon:

Bought one for $30, getting it in the mail tomorrow :blessed: