my time warner internet bill is 73.00

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No cable just time warner internet. How much y'all paying

That's how much I was paying than I decided to ditch direct tv now I'm paying 139 for cable (hbo,cinnemax) and some type of tier above the regular turbo internet ....than they throw the phone line in there because they sale your number .

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shaq-laugh.gif

it's not funny, breh, twc has certain areas of LA on complete lock down. :to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I started with Comcast had the Triple Play at first for like 99 a month. Contract runs out then my bill kept on going up every 6 months $20. So I went with Verizon got DSL and Phone only for 88 dollars a month but my speeds are garbage. I live in an old APT complex that uses old copper wiring and Verizon can't update to FIOS there because the landlord don't want to pay for the upgrades.

Was having some problems last week with my internet and phone; Verizon dude told me to go back and get Comcast.

:sadcam:

It's kind of a scam that you can't choose your cable/net/phone provider because you live in certain areas. They need to change it that you could pick whoever you want no matter the area you are in similar to car insurance companies. I bet if they did that prices wouldn't be as much with more competition.

companies have to be in your area first. you cant be in the middle of kansas like oh shyt i want fios i have lines send me a signal, they have to have mtc's, headends, nodes, satellites for broadcast feeds, then distribution centers, stores, techs.

an issue with some areas is that the wiring in your area has been out there since the 70's and 80's. im talkin the underground wiring, most of the drops if you still have them have likely been replaced. but just like your apt. who know when that wiring was put in, and old streets that used to have 10 houses now have to apt buildings with 60 units, still have the wiring for the 10 houses theres just splitters. the signals degraded. is the landlord gonna be like yea lets rewire the whole building..nah hes gonna be like im getting my rent fukk their tv.

then the cable companies and the cities have to get together to agree to build or run new wiring, which costs a fortune. i cant remember off the top of my head but a mile of fiber is like/was like $500,000 or some shyt. Comcast cant just go in your back yard like, hey we are puttin in new lines.

its a hassle but what are you gonna do. i feel you pain i moved into a house that was built in 1912 had cable wiring put in in the early 80's i couldnt have a digital box and a modem, i did but it was shytty. i moved and my new place got fresh rewired, now i got whole home dvr, 3 boxes, 8 tuners, and super fast internet, no drops ever. and people complain about cable/internet im like "what are you talking about?"

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm getting the cheapest high speed internet I can get when I'm on my own. I barely watch tv and I have a cell.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Bumming of someone's shyt right now and using my 4G hotspot with 10 GB.

Probably gonna roll with Uverse soon though.

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
***snorts 32seconds**

Cenuturylink Bundle direct tv phone and 40mb internet 68, got a connect thru my mom who has been with them since qwest.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
companies have to be in your area first. you cant be in the middle of kansas like oh shyt i want fios i have lines send me a signal, they have to have mtc's, headends, nodes, satellites for broadcast feeds, then distribution centers, stores, techs.

an issue with some areas is that the wiring in your area has been out there since the 70's and 80's. im talkin the underground wiring, most of the drops if you still have them have likely been replaced. but just like your apt. who know when that wiring was put in, and old streets that used to have 10 houses now have to apt buildings with 60 units, still have the wiring for the 10 houses theres just splitters. the signals degraded. is the landlord gonna be like yea lets rewire the whole building..nah hes gonna be like im getting my rent fukk their tv.

then the cable companies and the cities have to get together to agree to build or run new wiring, which costs a fortune. i cant remember off the top of my head but a mile of fiber is like/was like $500,000 or some shyt. Comcast cant just go in your back yard like, hey we are puttin in new lines.

its a hassle but what are you gonna do. i feel you pain i moved into a house that was built in 1912 had cable wiring put in in the early 80's i couldnt have a digital box and a modem, i did but it was shytty. i moved and my new place got fresh rewired, now i got whole home dvr, 3 boxes, 8 tuners, and super fast internet, no drops ever. and people complain about cable/internet im like "what are you talking about?"

Thanks for the breakdown

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
$35 6mbs (upping to 12mbs when pins up open ) on windstream , only other option around here is TWC and :pacspit: them