my time warner internet bill is 73.00

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm actually about to go back to direct tv and get that 40 a month plan for a year and just use time warner for internet

teacher

All Star
Daps
cablevision

154 a month
all channels
50 down 8 up internet
and phone i have an alarm in the crib

FYI downloaded programs don't compare to the quality of the cable broadcast

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I pay 72 per month, internet only, with Comcast. That's including modem rental fee and taxes.

I use my parents netflix/xfinity/hbo-go/amazon prime for my movie and television needs. And what that can't satisfy, I'll torrent....:yeshrug:

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
then the cable companies and the cities have to get together to agree to build or run new wiring, which costs a fortune. i cant remember off the top of my head but a mile of fiber is like/was like $500,000 or some shyt.
:damn: I hope that aint true, if it is I need to learn everything I can about running fiber. Contractors going to kill it in the coming years once all that copper wire becomes useless. I can't really see people using cable boxes ten years from now all with all these smart tv's coming out. I even seen a docsis modem that was cable, modem,wifi and phone all in one

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
same, it was cheaper when i was in contract. twc has the goddamn cable internet game locked down in my area. i threatened to cancel my services and the lady was literally like " :childplease: where you gonna go "

:sadcam: same with me...I'm stuck brehs paying 104 for phone and internet

I'm actually about to go back to direct tv and get that 40 a month plan for a year and just use time warner for internet

it ain't gonna work breh, I'm doing that now. Its gravy at first but when that promotion runs out. you paying over 100 dollars for each :wow:

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
any of yall catch south park last nite? they were talking about twc and how they basically have a monopoly on fukking over their customers

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to cut my phone and cable. We rarely watch TV or use the house phone.

Paying $143 a month for optimum online.
if you aint running a business. ya stupid. you are not getting your monies worth. dont come back and try to explain how fast your connection is. it doesnt matter what specs you show me. you are OVER PAYING unless you're running a business from home.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
if you aint running a business. ya stupid. you are not getting your monies worth. dont come back and try to explain how fast your connection is. it doesnt matter what specs you show me. you are OVER PAYING unless you're running a business from home.

You're right breh. I'm about to go cold turkey and cut both soon. I think they charge around $70 for optimum boost plus, so i'll probably just stick with that.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Anybody got a at&t wireless plan...somebody recommended it to me but I'm weary cause of all the bullshyt I've heard about there service.. I just can't fade paying 60+ for WiFi

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:damn: I hope that aint true, if it is I need to learn everything I can about running fiber. Contractors going to kill it in the coming years once all that copper wire becomes useless. I can't really see people using cable boxes ten years from now all with all these smart tv's coming out. I even seen a docsis modem that was cable, modem,wifi and phone all in one

Gateways -all in ones, Motorola makes them, netgear, linksys/cisco does you use that equipment to get the service. Motorola and cisco make cable boxes for the services like cox and time Warner etc. There would have to be a joint venture between the tv companies and them to have a super smart tv that wouldn't require a box or cable card. It would never happen the closest thing that will happen is everything goes digital via Internet like hbogo and watch ESPN etc.

But you still have to have a provider, hbo charges say cox 60 million a year or so to distribute and they charge 15 to you. If there was no distributor you'd have to pay like 70 a month just for hbo by itself then pay for Internet through someone else. Think of the quality of shows and the budgets they have and the fights and all of that, they could never give it all away for 15 to you directly they'd have to charge you per movie or show you watch like pay per view.

Although they are a$$hole TW,Cox,Dish they are necessary otherwise we'd pay up the ass for the few networks we like. ESPN changes their rates every 2 quarters cause they get new coverage contacts like Wimbledon or US open etc, that costs them money...the big issue is the huge families Abc/espn/disney, cbs/showtime, Viacom which is nickelodeon, mtv, vh1 and shyt you buy one you basically get them all

That's whys there are basic packages and advanced tv packages

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
and the cable companies are well aware that more and more people ditching tv to use internet for everything so they raise the price of internet over the years.

it's ridiculous how much internet cost.