My quest to lose 30lbs in 2 months begins today..

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Rope might be too short

It was definitely the length. Did a 20 minute set, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Descent workout but it's a step below sprints and battle ropes. Then again that routine I did was prob lame. Prob go a lil longer next time. My Achilles tendon was hurting more than anything

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was definitely the length. Did a 20 minute set, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Descent workout but it's a step below sprints and battle ropes. Then again that routine I did was prob lame. Prob go a lil longer next time. My Achilles tendon was hurting more than anything
You realize you can do sprints with the rope right? @beaniemac you can't spot reduce but by activating muscles you tone them so while you lose fat you aren't frail. jumping rope is a full body workout.

there are so many moves, from sprints, jumps, skips, one leg, straddles, you can't get bored. yes you have to learn to do them, yes it requires coordination that you won't gain in 5 minutes but your working out, you have the rest of your life to get better,

I usually do 10 by 10s (I do 10 jumps, then 10 sprints,) and keep doing them, then maybe do 10x 10 by 10's ((10 jumps, 10 sprints, 10 straddle jump) then I keep repeating. I'll jump for 30 seconds straight, then 1 minute, then 1 min and 15 seconds....its all about rhythm, finding it and using it.

what I call straddles aint in the 50 jump rope exercises, i put one foot in front of my then rock back and forth. so when the rope is in front my right foot is up then i hop from my back foot to my front foot and I just rock back and forth. probably needs a vid tutorial or so.

its all about finding your limits and pushing them. I use a heart rate monitor so I keep track of my stats, burning 100 cals in 5 mins, and 350 (three hundred fifty) in 20mins, i know im getting a good workout. Plus you can always do curls, or shoulder presses, and such afterwards.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You realize you can do sprints with the rope right? @beaniemac you can't spot reduce but by activating muscles you tone them so while you lose fat you aren't frail. jumping rope is a full body workout.

there are so many moves, from sprints, jumps, skips, one leg, straddles, you can't get bored. yes you have to learn to do them, yes it requires coordination that you won't gain in 5 minutes but your working out, you have the rest of your life to get better,

I usually do 10 by 10s (I do 10 jumps, then 10 sprints,) and keep doing them, then maybe do 10x 10 by 10's ((10 jumps, 10 sprints, 10 straddle jump) then I keep repeating. I'll jump for 30 seconds straight, then 1 minute, then 1 min and 15 seconds....its all about rhythm, finding it and using it.

what I call straddles aint in the 50 jump rope exercises, i put one foot in front of my then rock back and forth. so when the rope is in front my right foot is up then i hop from my back foot to my front foot and I just rock back and forth. probably needs a vid tutorial or so.

its all about finding your limits and pushing them. I use a heart rate monitor so I keep track of my stats, burning 100 cals in 5 mins, and 350 (three hundred fifty) in 20mins, i know im getting a good workout. Plus you can always do curls, or shoulder presses, and such afterwards.

I will look into this. a jump rope don't cost shyt, so if I can't get the hang of it, I won't be out any money.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will look into this. a jump rope don't cost shyt, so if I can't get the hang of it, I won't be out any money.
you'll be fine...its really not too difficult. you gotta find your rhythm. which if you have 0 rhythm then is going to take you 5 to 10 min. then tomorrow youll be able to do 10 jumps in a row, then maybe 20 or 30, 5 or 10 mins of that you'll be fine. day 3 you'll probably get to 15-50 jumps in a row.

when you can just jump without getting frustrated for 3-5 mins then its time to bring in extra moves. high kmee, butt kicks, sprints, skips, single leg jumps. in fact once you get your rhythm and timing down regular jumps switch to 1 leg jumps, do 10 reg jumps then 5 one leg 10 reg jumps 5 the other leg.

dont be afraid to start slow. just like running your body should be loose, dont squeeze the handles with a gator grip, dont tense or tighten up your body. you can suck you belly button in toward your spine but your arms should be loose, your shoulders back and neck should be loose, you legs should be loose as well.

breathe, listen to the rhythm of the rope, you'll be fine.

just do it for 10 mins a day, within 2 months you'll be dancing like money mayweather

everytime you learn a new move theres a little bit of a curve doing to jumping jacks took me a minute, i havent tried any backwards jumps...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
copped a jump rope today. went outside with it for like 5 minutes and got :fire: frustrated cuz I can't get the timing right to jump rope consistently.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to try the jump rope again today, but....it was disastrous yesterday.

I bought a new rope....shyt has had me heated. I knew I shouldn't had bought it because the way it was wrapped up....the piece of shyt literally coils up in the middle of a jump. Im literally back to doing 2-5 consecutive jumps 8-10 if I'm lucky. I went back to using my old broken rope. My old rope ain't going to last too much longer it's beat to shyt.

I just gotta hang the rope and let it be stretched out. After I work out though I'm like :yeshrug: