My quest to lose 30lbs in 2 months begins today..

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Nah bro, before ALL of this working out shyt, i was always a squatter. I loved squatting. That came easier to me than any other lift. It's probably one if the reasons i fukked up my legs in the long run. I use to squat 405x10 easily... EASILY. 225 was a warmup, 315 was a working set (real lifters know what that is).

fukking up my legs hurt me severely... I never wanted to be a nikka with chicken legs. I only started focusing on bench when i neede to hit 225x20. I was trying to play college ball and my step dad played for the Raiders, so i did what he said.

225x20 and 405x10 squats was the baseline for me, as well as running 5 miles in under an hour. I was serious then but i was also poor and felt like sports was my only way out. I reached those numbers but was a HS dropout and circumstances prevented me from pursuing they way i wanted to. So basically i lost motivation But still lifted and joined the military after.

What was even crazier is that i was 175 when doing it. I put a lot of stress on my body though so im not surprised i got hurt eventually. And then i was in the military so i was doing they bullshyt while still trying to keep my numbers.

I was cool with some Seals and Devgru nikkas too, they always gave me props even though honestly, them cats was on another level overall to me. I was strong and powerful but these cats were tough. I was cool with them. We used to arm wrestle for fun, it was cool because I usually won but these cats could run, swim, damn near fly imo. I was more built for a specific goal. In fact, when i did that bodyweight competition I actually beat my devgru homie and lost to a Seal. I even had a Seal chief E7 specifically want to work out with me because of how intense he said i was working out. He shytted on me in Abs though because thats my least favorite thing but i learned some shyt. Them dudes are pretty much like gymnasts and i was cool af with some of them... Plus I couldn't swim for shyt. Sank like a rock

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel you, all that excess squatting..its pointless to go overboard with it to me. Everyone I know who can squat 350+ regularly has a fukked up back and shyt...there a huge difference with bodyweight squats just being proficient at stabilizing your body and maintaining composure so your not walking around like a theoretical old man vs squatting 300 +lbs

Nah bro, before ALL of this working out shyt, i was always a squatter. I loved squatting. That came easier to me than any other lift. It's probably one if the reasons i fukked up my legs in the long run. I use to squat 405x10 easily... EASILY. 225 was a warmup, 315 was a working set (real lifters know what that is).

fukking up my legs hurt me severely... I never wanted to be a nikka with chicken legs. I only started focusing on bench when i neede to hit 225x20. I was trying to play college ball and my step dad played for the Raiders, so i did what he said.

225x20 and 405x10 squats was the baseline for me, as well as running 5 miles in under an hour. I was serious then but i was also poor and felt like sports was my only way out. I reached those numbers but was a HS dropout and circumstances prevented me from pursuing they way i wanted to. So basically i lost motivation But still lifted and joined the military after.

What was even crazier is that i was 175 when doing it. I put a lot of stress on my body though so im not surprised i got hurt eventually. And then i was in the military so i was doing they bullshyt while still trying to keep my numbers.

I was cool with some Seals and Devgru nikkas too, they always gave me props even though honestly, them cats was on another level overall to me. I was strong and powerful but these cats were tough. I was cool with them. We used to arm wrestle for fun, it was cool because I usually won but these cats could run, swim, damn near fly imo. I was more built for a specific goal. In fact, when i did that bodyweight competition I actually beat my devgru homie and lost to a Seal. I even had a Seal chief E7 specifically want to work out with me because of how intense he said i was working out. He shytted on me in Abs though because thats my least favorite thing but i learned some shyt. Them dudes are pretty much like gymnasts and i was cool af with some of them... Plus I couldn't swim for shyt. Sank like a rock

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah i cut back on squatting heavy. I dont even squat 225 anymore. I do high reps at 135 and 185 and keep it moving. My knees are shot.

Ill do hamstring curls and quad extensions and thats it.

I dont like doing deadlifts without the special deadlift bar either.

Ive had too many injuries trying to lift Crazy now. I just want to be in good shape now.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Good job, but you seem far more focused on the actual workouts you are doing than your diet. The diet is going to be 80% of the reason to lose the weight without losing a lot of muscle. You can eat whatever foods you feel like eating, but if you're not getting enough protein, you won't be maintaining your muscle mass. Yes, you'll lose some weight, but losing some fat and a lot of muscle isn't going to do wonders for you. I know you said you don't care about losing some muscle, but too many people that don't get enough protein end up going the skinny-fat route.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Good job, but you seem far more focused on the actual workouts you are doing than your diet. The diet is going to be 80% of the reason to lose the weight without losing a lot of muscle. You can eat whatever foods you feel like eating, but if you're not getting enough protein, you won't be maintaining your muscle mass. Yes, you'll lose some weight, but losing some fat and a lot of muscle isn't going to do wonders for you. I know you said you don't care about losing some muscle, but too many people that don't get enough protein end up going the skinny-fat route.

:sadcam:

I feel you... I rather be muscle fat than skinny fat. I can ALWAYS up my protein intake... Thats not a problem imo. I just dont like taking protein all the time. My diet has always been trash though... Thing was, before my injuries i could cheat anytime i wanted because of my workload. I love working out breh, I loved playing sports and was decent overall... but once i got injured it got frustrating trying to gauge the pain levels to do simple shyt. Like i hate running, but if i ever needed to lose some weight, a 5 mile trail run routine was easy. Now, its the hardest shyt to do

shyt used to be so EASY:mjcry:

In HS they called me "The Beast". In the military, I was "Baby Hulk" and even though i wasnt the biggest nikka walking, i was always top 3.

Like i met a lot of cats that were nice at a lot of things. Pro boxers, college athletes, etc. they gave me a lot of props considering that i wasnt specifically groomed for the shyt they were groomed for. I gave nothing but respect for any athlete honestly, pro.. Collegiate, Olympian, etc.

And the main reason they called me those things wasnt because i was strong, but i was smart af too. I finished top of my class in EVERYTHING.

Now i feel like those old HS jocks that never amounted to shyt outside of HS:mjcry:

I need to hop into reality and drop all the old shyt and start over, completely new. But im not trying to be a professional athlete now. I just want to look in the mirror every morning and like what i see. I think thats whats bothering me the most.

Funny because my biggest goal growing up was to just play college ball. I come from a family of successful athletes. Gymnasts, football players, etc... Most my family was nice. I was the slow, fat, asthmatic kid that my grandma gave the most pity for. I worked everyday to break that stigma only to break my body in the process...

Even my little sister is a martial arts/gymnastics prodigy:mjcry:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And no bullshyt about my sister, Georgia Tech is watching her now and shes coming for a recruitment visit this summer...

Im never a hater though, im extremely proud. Shes gonna be the truth :blessed::wow::mjcry:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:sadcam:

I feel you... I rather be muscle fat than skinny fat. I can ALWAYS up my protein intake... Thats not a problem imo. I just dont like taking protein all the time. My diet has always been trash though... Thing was, before my injuries i could cheat anytime i wanted because of my workload. I love working out breh, I loved playing sports and was decent overall... but once i got injured it got frustrating trying to gauge the pain levels to do simple shyt. Like i hate running, but if i ever needed to lose some weight, a 5 mile trail run routine was easy. Now, its the hardest shyt to do

shyt used to be so EASY:mjcry:

In HS they called me "The Beast". In the military, I was "Baby Hulk" and even though i wasnt the biggest nikka walking, i was always top 3.

Like i met a lot of cats that were nice at a lot of things. Pro boxers, college athletes, etc. they gave me a lot of props considering that i wasnt specifically groomed for the shyt they were groomed for. I gave nothing but respect for any athlete honestly, pro.. Collegiate, Olympian, etc.

And the main reason they called me those things wasnt because i was strong, but i was smart af too. I finished top of my class in EVERYTHING.

Now i feel like those old HS jocks that never amounted to shyt outside of HS:mjcry:

I need to hop into reality and drop all the old shyt and start over, completely new. But im not trying to be a professional athlete now. I just want to look in the mirror every morning and like what i see. I think thats whats bothering me the most.

Funny because my biggest goal growing up was to just play college ball. I come from a family of successful athletes. Gymnasts, football players, etc... Most my family was nice. I was the slow, fat, asthmatic kid that my grandma gave the most pity for. I worked everyday to break that stigma only to break my body in the process...

Even my little sister is a martial arts/gymnastics prodigy:mjcry:
Why not just eat more whole food protein instead of powder?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Why not just eat more whole food protein instead of powder?
I pretty much eat nothing but shrimp, fish, and chicken in my day to day. Im almost sure its why i havent ballooned up into crazy levels.

As bad as i eat, im pretty picky. I hate pizza, pastas, etc. Steaks are whatever, and RARELY do i eat burgers and fries

Im almost 99% certain most if my diet consists of chicken, fish, and shrimps. I just take the protein powder to cut back on the fried chicken and BS my family likes cooking... And that i love eating

Fried chicken, redbeans/rice with sausage, and cornbread :why:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No bullshyt, crawfish etouffee is my FAVORITE dish...

When my grandma was showing me how to make her famous crawfish etouffee and she told me to add 2 full sticks of butter i was like

236.png

But the aftermath is

EM1A25_5206_s4x3.jpg.rend.sniipadlarge.jpeg

:mjcry:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Btw

This is my #1 motivation when im in the gym. I know real boxing heads might not speak on this thread but i have the upmost respect for the ones that grind

But this is the mainmotivation for my workouts and how i try to lose weight. Minus the mitts (but i do know how to hit mitts, just been awhile)

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go buy a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. Be cautious not to burn yourself out. You can do it.

I tell people I used to have aids because back in 2012 I got on a regimen where I burned either 1000 calories per session or did 5000 jumps with a jump rope. after about 30 days of doing it (yes every day, about 45-to an hour) i began drastically losing weight, I couldn't stop. I would force myself to eat 2 whoppers and fries and shyt because I was getting frail.

:dead:

DSGB

Pro
Daps
And no bullshyt about my sister, Georgia Tech is watching her now and shes coming for a recruitment visit this summer...

Im never a hater though, im extremely proud. Shes gonna be the truth :blessed::wow::mjcry:
I'm a GT alum. What does your sister play? We don't have gymnastics or martial arts except club level stuff. Did you mean UGA? They are world class gymnastics.