My predictions for the 7 comic book movies dropping next year (rankings over/underrated)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Your initial response was nobody thought the trailer was worse, citing YouTube. We also made use of your same source as that was incorrect.

:mjlol: My first response was

It didn't piss anyone off except a few people who are going to watch it anyway. The shyt is receiving overwhelming positive feedback on YouTube, there's literally only like 4000 thumbs down lol

And I was looking at the Kimmel page where the trailer first appeared. The Warner page doesn't change what I said. It's still overwhelming positive feedback. I didn't even bring up the comic con trailer until you did.

Have a nice afternoon @wire28 :russ:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who is "they"? 92+% of the people who have responded one way or another like it. Why would WB or anyone care about the very small minority? Why should they care about you? :manny:
You obviously. Your unbiased right and don't favor one studio over another right? But doth protest so much in one studio's favor. I wonder why? :jbhmm:
I said I liked the new Bats v Supes trailer BTW. I am looking forward to the movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You obviously. Your unbiased right and don't favor one studio over another right? But doth protest so much in one studio's favor. I wonder why? :jbhmm:
I said I liked the new Bats v Supes trailer BTW. I am looking forward to the movie.

View my comments in the winter soldier, GOTG and Ant-Man threads. I liked all 3 movies. I'm a fan of both DC and Marvel. I criticize both and I like both. :manny:

I thought Green Lantern was terrible. I thought Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron were terrible.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Average human being: "OMG! Superman and Batman! holy shyt Bruce and Clark, look at this!"

Neckbeards: "What about the damage they are causing :beli: "

:manny:

@wire28 @Kill Dat Noize @Ethnic Vagina Finder :umad:

i got gassed when I first saw the trailer too. I actually look forward to this movie more now than I did after the last trailer. :yeshrug:

but once you've seen the trailer and the initial shock and awe is over, the flaws tend to bother you more.

plus as fans we just can't help but feel it could have been pulled off better

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually, there are 8 movies coming out next year, sandman, a dc property, is coming out too supposedly around christmas.....as to which will be good, bad, over/underrated, etc. i dont know, i just want good movies....the order of the movies i'm most excited to see:

bvs - has my fav dc character in it, supe

ss - i dig the ss and i'm curious how they present the material...cause it isnt kid friendly..

cw - has my fav marvel character, cap (the supe of marvel)...curious how they do bp too...think he's gonna have the spidey role from the comics

dr strange - cool character with a lot of potential...curious to see how they present it...hopeful they dont try too hard to explain shyt, and just let it be...cause like i said: this has a lot of potential....

xmen - havent liked how all the movies have been wolvie feat the xmen and i dont have faith in singer, think he putting too much of his personal life on the screen and fukking up the great source material....but apoc is that dude, so i'll be there just to see him and his horsemen

deadpool - overrated character to me and dont see the appeal...will check out the movie cause it's taking the risk and being rated R while trying to fit into a pg-13 xmen world...curious how they pull that off....plus i wanna see if they hint at cable...

gambit - cool character with potential, but he doesnt need a solo movie....he doesnt have a rogue gallery outside of xmen villains, so it wouldve been better just to introduce him in a xmen movie....also, horrible cast choice to me....dancing boy, channing tatum is not a good enough actor to be given this role...i know they going for star power and someone to carry the torch after hugh jackman stops, but he aint the one...

sandman - reason the movie is last is cause i dont know much about the character and the movie doesnt fit into the dc universe...it's just being done cause joseph gordon lewitt (sp) wants to do it...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
View my comments in the winter soldier, GOTG and Ant-Man threads. I liked all 3 movies. I'm a fan of both DC and Marvel. I criticize both and I like both. :manny:

I thought Green Lantern was terrible. I thought Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron were terrible.
Are you criticizing or liking either right now? Or sticking up for some trailer's likability? You may like both but you like one a little more I think.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Are you criticizing or liking either right now? Or sticking up for some trailer's likability? You may like both but you like one a little more I think.

Not even that, I liked the comic con trailer better than this last one myself. My point was that the negative feedback this trailer received is miniscule. If it affects the box office then I'll buy that this trailer is going to hurt the movie but we'll find that out in March.

I liked the Civil War trailer more than this BvS trailer but I liked the BvS Comic-Con trailer the best so far. :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
2016: the year the bubble bursts :mjpls:

that said i'm really excited for suicide squad and civil war. and of course x-men off principal

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 thing that has been bugging me while reading the comic movie threads:

all the people saying dc is speeding up their universe compared to marvel need to stop...dc is actually doing what people want and following the source material for the most part......this is how it happens in the comics: superman is first...after his appearance other heroes start showing themselves around the world, including bats who already existed but was considered a myth/urban legend....that's how it goes, there was no origin story here, origin story there, and then they meet up...no, the heroes already existed, they just didnt show themselves until after superman....you dont get the back story until after you meet them....

and no, that's not a shot at marvel, cause marvel is following their source material for the most part as well...in the comics, they introduce the characters first/give the back story, then they team up...which they are doing in the movies....

...i said all that just to say: stop with the bullshyt about there being only 1 way to do a universe....both companies are doing their universes the way they've always done them....which you prefer is your choice, but doesnt mean the other way is wrong/fukking up...the only way to fukk up is to put out bad movies....

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Here's my preview list. Ofcourse it will change as the year and movies progress, but just my prediction on the movies.

1.CW - It's a CA movie with Black Panther, Winter Soldier, AntMan, SpiderMan, Iron Man, etc. and brought to you by the same people who brought you Winter Soldier. No way this movie disappoints in sales, action, or story.

2. BvS - 3 years in the making. Zack Snyder directing, Chris Terrio writing. Ben Affleck actually looking like a dope Bruce/Batman, so much to cover and many characters to introduce. A very important movie for DC/WB. As long as they deliver an actual good movie, there's no way this can fail as well. MOS was underrated so if this can double or triple the entertainment it will do big numbers while being an incredible movie.

3. X-Men - Just based off of DOFP, this will be entertaining as well. They've hit their stride with the last few X-Men movies. I thought DOFP was a lil underrated as well. Might or might not do CW/BvS numbers though.

4.Suicide Squad - It's success will partly be on how well BvS is received. The other part will be because its an entirely new concept and Jared Letos Joker. If BvS and Leto kill it, then this will do numbers. Also Margot Robbie is their wild card. Story seems straight forward but acting, directing, and action will do most of the heavy lifting

5. Dead pool - The role Ryan Reynolds was born to play. I expect it to be highly entertaining. As long as the studio doesn't drop the ball, it will be a good film with decent success. Actually one of the films in highly excited to see actually. Will be more for true comic heads.

6. Dr. Strange - Will undoubtedly be a good flick due to Marvels experience with turning c-b list hero stories into A list movies. But not much is known about the movie or shown. Won't be out until November so won't see anything until around the summer possibly. If it is a GOTG or AntMan type of entertainment and story, then it will do massive numbers and possibly make its way to number one at the end of the year reviews list.

7. Gambit - I'm actually not expecting much. Don't really like Tatum for the casting (could be worse) and the film hasn't even started filming. Don't know anything about the direction of the movie and I'm expecting them to drop the ball on him like they've done in the past.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think
Civil War
X Men Apocalypse
Batman vs Superman
Suicide Squad

they will have the internet on fire. LOL@Gambit...what a joke.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
1 thing that has been bugging me while reading the comic movie threads:

all the people saying dc is speeding up their universe compared to marvel need to stop...dc is actually doing what people want and following the source material for the most part......this is how it happens in the comics: superman is first...after his appearance other heroes start showing themselves around the world, including bats who already existed but was considered a myth/urban legend....that's how it goes, there was no origin story here, origin story there, and then they meet up...no, the heroes already existed, they just didnt show themselves until after superman....you dont get the back story until after you meet them....

and no, that's not a shot at marvel, cause marvel is following their source material for the most part as well...in the comics, they introduce the characters first/give the back story, then they team up...which they are doing in the movies....

...i said all that just to say: stop with the bullshyt about there being only 1 way to do a universe....both companies are doing their universes the way they've always done them....which you prefer is your choice, but doesnt mean the other way is wrong/fukking up...the only way to fukk up is to put out bad movies....
and if it did follow marvels formula, people would complain about how they are just copying marvel.

its hard to say which will be the best, so Ill rank em on the ones that have had trailers released, since we have no idea how the others even look.

1.Civil War
2. Suicide Squad
3. Batman vs Superman
4.Deadpool