My predictions for the 7 comic book movies dropping next year (rankings over/underrated)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
OK and I said movies that explain their magical elements do fine. Their are plenty of examples. Are you disputing that?
Nothing in my comment said anything about the success or failure of any movies that decided to explain magic though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nothing in my comment said anything about the success or failure of any movies that decided to explain magic though.
OK, is there a cause and effect to your statement or are you just stating your preferences? "You shouldn't try to explain magic, let it just be magic because . . ."?
Let me know when you get a chance.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Gambit most likely won't even be out. Director they had left and so far they haven't named a replacement, so don't be surprised if it gets pushed back.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
OK, is there a cause and effect to your statement or are you just stating your preferences? "You shouldn't try to explain magic, let it just be magic because . . ."?
Let me know when you get a chance.
It is my preference otherwise I would have said something along the lines of "Movies where they explain magic suck"...there is nothing wrong with letting magic just be magic. Everything doesn't need to be explained as high level science or have every detail spelled out. That is one of the great things about magic; it doesn't really require much in the way of explanation.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It is my preference otherwise I would have said something along the lines of "Movies where they explain magic suck"...there is nothing wrong with letting magic just be magic. Everything doesn't need to be explained as high level science or have every detail spelled out. That is one of the great things about magic; it doesn't really require much in the way of explanation.
Oh OK. I myself would love to hear string theory specifically attached to this. It speaks directly to it other dimensions, and would add to the science fiction of the MCU greatly.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I think Batman vs Superman is going to be the most over-rated. If they had a different director it would had the potential to be great. They should had let Ben direct it or offer it to David Ayer. Can't believe they are going to let Synder direct both of the Justice League movies. SMH.

I think Suicide Squad have the potential to be the most underrated and maybe the best.

Here is my ranking in order.
1) Captain America
2) Suicide Squad
3) Dr. Strange - only because of Cumberbach. I only watched 1 movie by the director.
4) Deadpool - trailer look funny but it is Tim Miller 1st directing gig.
5) X-men: Apocalypse - I like that they brought in Apocalypse but I really didn't like the X-men-DOFP. I wished Matthew Vaughn was directing this instead of Singer. I only like 1 movie from Singer since X2.
6) Batman vs Superman - Just wished they had another director.
7) Gambit - All depend on who they get as a director. If Liman get the job that is a solid choice. I would probably rank it #5.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:mjpls: I'm a Marvel stan but I can be objective

How the movies will pan out from best the worst.

1. Dr Strange
2. Suicide Squad
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. X-Men
5. Batman v. Superman
6. Gambit
7. Deadpool

Most underrated: Dr Strange
Most Overrated: Batman v. Superman
Highest opening weekend: Batman v. Superman
Lowest opening weekend: Deadpool
Highest overall grossing: Captain America Civil War or Batman v. Superman: It's too close to call. I kinda think Captain America will have a slight edge.

Dr Strange and Suicide Squad are really 1 & 1a. Both movies will be the best because of the actors chosen and because these stories are new (risky) they were probably given more care. They will probably have the most non comic book feel to them as well. I would've rated Gambit higher but Fox has a meh track record when it comes to stand alone character movies.

I think Batman v. Superman will be the most overrated for the simple fact of how it came together. Everything about that whole universe just seems rushed. The Dark Knight trilogy is still fresh in peoples minds and it is a polarizing franchise. Batman retired. I don't really trust how they are building this universe neither. I expect more plot holes than MOS.
After watching the trailer I'm gonna have to drop xmen into a tie with batman v superman.

I feel like they gonna dumb down apacolypse.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

1. Dr Strange
2. Suicide Squad
4. X-Men
5. Batman v. Superman
6. Gambit
7. Deadpool

Highest overall grossing: Captain America Civil War or Batman v. Superman: It's too close to call. I kinda think Captain America will have a slight edge.

Dr Strange and Suicide Squad are really 1 & 1a. Both movies will be the best because of the actors chosen and because these stories are new (risky) they were probably given more care. They will probably have the most non comic book feel to them as well. I would've rated Gambit higher but Fox has a meh track record when it comes to stand alone character movies.

I think Batman v. Superman will be the most overrated for the simple fact of how it came together. Everything about that whole universe just seems rushed. The Dark Knight trilogy is still fresh in peoples minds and it is a polarizing franchise. Batman retired. I don't really trust how they are building this universe neither. I expect more plot holes than MOS.

Time to recalibrate :dead:

1. Civil War
2. Dr Strange
3. Suicide Squad
4. Deadpool
5. X-Men
6. Independence Day :troll:
7. Batman vs. Superman

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Marvel's gonna hit a damn homerun
with Doctor strange.
:sas2:

wat6rr.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

1. Dr Strange
2. Suicide Squad
4. X-Men
5. Batman v. Superman
6. Gambit
7. Deadpool

So far...

1. Civil War (The best one so far)
2. Suicide Squad (because of the star power it could possibly be number 1 when its all said and done)
3. Dr. Strange (after watching the trailer, I'm intrigued. The trailer didn't give you much which is a good thing but it could also be a bad thing)
4. Dead Pool (movie has very little replay value. It was a meh when I saw it and I had no desire to watch it again)
5. X-Men (I will be seeing it on Tuesday. I'm keeping it here because I haven't seen it yet but I have a feeling I will like it more than Dead Pool, so their positions will more than likely swap.
6. Gambit - It doesn't drop this year and it may not drop at all but......
7. BvS - The idea of this movie is still better than BvS. which I didn't bother to go see :troll: This is the first time I've ever spoiled a movie to the point I didn't go see it.

Most Underrated - Dr. Strange (I'm sticking with this pick)
Most Overrated - Dead Pool (It made a lot of bread but I don't get the hype of this movie :mindblown:
Highest Opening - I GAVE Batman and Superman their proper respect and they let me down :russ:
Lowest Opening Weekend - I'm gonna have to go with X-Men. They didn't even break 80 million.
Highest Overall Grossing - Civil War :salute:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I think Batman vs Superman is going to be the most over-rated. If they had a different director it would had the potential to be great. They should had let Ben direct it or offer it to David Ayer. Can't believe they are going to let Synder direct both of the Justice League movies. SMH.

I think Suicide Squad have the potential to be the most underrated and maybe the best.

Here is my ranking in order.
1) Captain America
2) Suicide Squad
3) Dr. Strange - only because of Cumberbach. I only watched 1 movie by the director.
4) Deadpool - trailer look funny but it is Tim Miller 1st directing gig.
5) X-men: Apocalypse - I like that they brought in Apocalypse but I really didn't like the X-men-DOFP. I wished Matthew Vaughn was directing this instead of Singer. I only like 1 movie from Singer since X2.
6) Batman vs Superman - Just wished they had another director.
7) Gambit - All depend on who they get as a director. If Liman get the job that is a solid choice. I would probably rank it #5.
:ehh:
:mjlol:...it could play out 2 ways
if BVS is :wow:
DC fans: :redcapes:........ :blessed:what now marvel stans:ufdup:
MArvel Stans: :merchant:.....

if BVS is :trash:
DC Stans: :flabbynsick:.....:mindblown:.......it's still good:mjcry:
Marvel fans: :steviej:
This applies to all DC/Marvel movies just insert the title :russ:
:mjlol:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Doc Strange- average
2. Suicide Squad- surprise summer blockbuster
3. Captain America: Civil War- dope as hell, but overrated by Marvel Stans.
4. X-men: Apocalypse- as dope as DoFP, but underrated by Marvel Stans.
5. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice- as divisive as Man of Steel (love & hate)
6. Gambit- on the fence
7. Deadpool- enjoyable but forgettable.

Seems like In maybe wrong with #1, 100% correct with #3, possibly slightly off with #4 (I haven't seen it yet, but the review at worst mixed to trash), 100% correct with #5 and maybe a bit MORE divisive, we don't have to worry about #6, DEAD ASS WRONG ABOUT DEADPOOL!!

Suicide Squad still maybe the surprise of the summer though