My name is N*E*R*D and I'm addicted to buying games and not finishing them

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I never have more than two games on rotation at any given time and even then it's usually AAA vs Indie, I probably finish 30+ games a year.

Y'all really outchere throwing money away :hhh:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Same here breh. The urge to buy when a sale is going on is strong. I've told myself I'm not buying shyt else until I've fleshed out more of my list

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I cant finish games because when I get to a certain area, I know I'll never come back to it... so I do some completionist shyt there and waste x amount of hours trying to gather everything I can. I still haven't even conquered far cry 4 and its one of the first games I've bought for my system

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Got distracted by other games and never really went back.
this is what always happens to me. I'll be playing Game A, and I'm like "I'm just gonna try out Game B, and then go back and finish Game A..." nope, get hooked on Game B, and by the time I get back to Game A, I need to start over cause I don't remember what was going on :francis:

I've been trying to do better, and basically force myself to stick with one game. but right now everything on the backburner while I play this SNES Classic :heh:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I am the opposite. I buy a few games a year and play the shyt out of them. Platinumed Shadow of Mordor and Arkham knight. Completed Yakuza Kiwami and Zero but I'm not going to bother with 100% completion. Just bought Gears of War 4 that's going to keep me gaming until Xmas.

All Star
Daps
I have over 500 games on Steam and probably another 100 spread across my 360/XB1 and PS3/4.

I would say at least 70% have never been installed, are still sealed, or I've never played them at all.

:francis:
That's a problem.

:mjcry:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This is why I'm so happy I'm primarily a multiplayer gamer.

Me and my squads create the experience and keep going back to the best shyt.

Dumping hundreds of hours into them.

The single player gaming experience is VERY fleeting.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I'm guilty of it, too. I have tons of Steam games thanks to sales and Humble Bundle that I'll probably never install.

I still have consoles games I bought in the last couple of years that I haven't even ripped the plastic off of yet. I'm slowly trying to change that at least though and play through one console game at a time.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I have the exact same problem.

Slowly coming to grips with that the difference between being a kid and being an adult is that you now instead of having practically unlimited time to play this one game, as an adult you will always be more excited and hyped about the actual prospect of buying and playing a game, than playing it...

Because now you need to balance it out against many responsibilities and other interests.

The issue is that there is so much great content in so many different genres in books, games and movies (and tv shows..) that accepting that unless you're totally ok with letting your life crumble.. you can't enjoy even most of the great content.

I don't think this year I finished any game from start to finish. This was unthinkable when I didn't have real responsibilities.

As we make more money, we have access to all the games and entertainment we want.. but no time to play them. I have so many great games and started many only for the start (like recently Destiny 2, The Last of Us (!)) but actually only MGS V is getting some burn.

Witcher 3, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Borderlands 2, the last Halo on X1.. so many games won't even get closed to getting played. Could make a list of 50 new games that haven't even been opened.

Does this make sense? (More of a rhetorical question at this point)

What @Blondie said makes sense somehow: 'we are game collectors not really gamers' (at least not non-stop gamers)

To get that unlimited time feeling back as a kid I sometimes take a day off and game the entire day. For me that's way more rewarding than gaming for 2 hours in the evening. I also let a whole buch of games slide and cherry pick games the best ones.