My name is N*E*R*D and I'm addicted to buying games and not finishing them

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yup. I've been getting better though. I only bought 1 game during the current steam sale, and it was only $5. My steam collection is fukking outrageous. I can do better

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I have a similar problem so I vowed not to buy a new console until I finish all the games I own...

The last time I beat a game it was 2015...

scared.gif

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
*stands up and raises hand *

I'm guilty of this too.... I think I even made a thread about it in here a long time ago....

I've tried to get better at finishing what I started tho.... Went back and dedicated time to finishing up some slept ons....

Games I have to finish :

Catherine
Infamous (blood festival)
The Evil Within (boring ass game)

:francis:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
*stands up and raises hand *

I'm guilty of this too.... I think I even made a thread about it in here a long time ago....

I've tried to get better at finishing what I started tho.... Went back and dedicated time to finishing up some slept ons....

Games I have to finish :

Catherine
Infamous (blood festival)
The Evil Within (boring ass game)

:francis:

Very boring and on PC it's a pain to get it running correctly.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
I do the same thing. Some still have never been installed and have the plastic on.
fukked up thing is I get the games when they release but don't play most of them for a long time if at all. Meaning I'd be better off just waiting till they went on sale months later.

Most of the time my ADD kicks in and I just stop playing games halfway through and don't play for months, during that time either my systems collect dust or I rotate to a different game I didn't finish yet. I just started playing Wildlands again after not finishing Shadow of War.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
im different i only buy about 5-6 games a year and finish them all :heh:

cod/madden every year then whatever is the new it games for that year

Same. I don't understand buying 100s of games a year, and not even taking the plastic off. it's weird. I play em all and finish, if not at least get all the way to the final boss.

Only game I can honestly say I made a bad purchase was Paper Mario Colour Splash. which I'll get back to some day.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Same. I buy too many games and don't finish em.

Just off the top these are the games I bought and bolded are the ones I finished this year:

Zero Escape Zero time dilemma
Danganronpa V3
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Cup Head
Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus
TItanfall 2
Skyrim VR
Megaton Rainfall
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5(technically I beat the JP version I bought last year)
Zelda BOTW
Splatoon 2
MK8 Deluxe
Sonic Mania
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Destiny 2
Assassin's Creed Origins
Yooka Laylee
Farpoint
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy(didn't beat the 3rd game)

This isn't even including games from last year :snoop:

I only played Horizon for like 30 minutes and the other games maybe a few hours.

:dwillhuh: how you out here finishing Odyssey and Crash, but not Sonic Mania?

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Hi N*E*R*D*

I too do this but I have intentions of finishing my back log. I like collecting, and have quite the collection of games spanning multiple systems. But I find myself with more down time these days. So I pop in whatever I'm in the mood for. For me, it's about options. You remember walking into a game store as a kid and not knowing what to rent because there were so many tapes available to you? Well I have that feeling in my home:russ:

I'm 29 and I'm enjoying myself:ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
99.9% of the posters in Aecadium only buy games to have them, not play them. We are game collectors, not really gamers. I'd probably say most of us buy 20-30 games a year, and only get through 5-10 IF were lucky. And that's okay.
Bruh I still got an Xbox One S I copped on launch that I never opened. I got the Xbox One X I copped on launch still sitting in the package unopened too. I have well over 1000 physical games I've purchased and not opened. An example is I own all the Dark Souls games and own Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 and Xbox One and never opened any of them.

I just be buying games cause they seem like good deals but realistically I'll never play half of them. I do regret giving away the Witcher III on Xbox One though. I mailed it to a Coli burh for free cause I got it on the PS4 and now the Xbox One version is the best again.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
My backlog is crazy :wow:
Bioshock Collection; Until Dawn, Batman Telltale Season 2, and MSG V.

To be fair I've only paid for two of those games, UD and MSG V were free. :ehh:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I don't understand why people do this. Just throwing money down the drain

The only game I've ever bought and not finish is Mirrors Edge. Parkour + First person :francis:
Dying light is first person + parkour,though :wtf:
I have a similar problem so I vowed not to buy a new console until I finish all the games I own...

The last time I beat a game it was 2015...

scared.gif
:laff: :laff:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I have the exact same problem.

Slowly coming to grips with that the difference between being a kid and being an adult is that you now instead of having practically unlimited time to play this one game, as an adult you will always be more excited and hyped about the actual prospect of buying and playing a game, than playing it...

Because now you need to balance it out against many responsibilities and other interests.

The issue is that there is so much great content in so many different genres in books, games and movies (and tv shows..) that accepting that unless you're totally ok with letting your life crumble.. you can't enjoy even most of the great content.

I don't think this year I finished any game from start to finish. This was unthinkable when I didn't have real responsibilities.

As we make more money, we have access to all the games and entertainment we want.. but no time to play them. I have so many great games and started many only for the start (like recently Destiny 2, The Last of Us (!)) but actually only MGS V is getting some burn.

Witcher 3, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Borderlands 2, the last Halo on X1.. so many games won't even get closed to getting played. Could make a list of 50 new games that haven't even been opened.

Does this make sense? (More of a rhetorical question at this point)

What @Blondie said makes sense somehow: 'we are game collectors not really gamers' (at least not non-stop gamers)

Last edited: