My name is N*E*R*D and I'm addicted to buying games and not finishing them

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
As I stare down my Steam collection of over 100+ games I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem. I probably enjoy buying games more than I do playing them. I'm definitely an ADHD gamer who jumps around and samples a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Rarely finishing anything and steadily anticipating more. I have more than enough games to last me through an entire year without purchasing much.

I have FPS, RPG, Action, Platformer, 2D platformers, puzzle games, sports, I could go on but you catch my drift. I look at Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 in disgust every time I open steam knowing damn well there is a high chance I'll never see the credits roll in those games. Hell I've been putting off beating Ryse Son of Rome and how damn short is that game. I just bought Diablo 3...which is a great fukking game, but I didn't need it. Even picked up COD: Ghosts and MW3 just because they were $3.99 and maybe i'll play the campaign one day.

Ahh life is crazy I have the same problem with books. Do you know how many books I bought this year and have yet to even crack open. They just look so lovely on my book shelf, but the idea of actually taking time to read them seems like a dream.

Then the regrets of buying a 4k TV...with so little content I really want to consume, but I feel like I must buy something just to justify having the damn thing. Making the jump to the GTX 1080 TI from the GTX 1060 seems dumb even though shyt looks and runs better. It's just videogames at the end of the day. I got bit by the gold chain gamers bug and was up late night on Newegg like Pookie on New Jack that 1080 TI kept calling me man.

Bottom line...gamers play your fukking games..stop buying shyt just because it's on sale or got rave reviews.

Be responsible adults and stop being gold chain gamers no matter if you can afford to or not. @Ciggavelli :whoa:

I'm done brehs just needed to get that out. :ahh:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I do too but i actually go through a heavy phase where ill clear my backlog....in the winter. But in the summer i barely game.

I am 15 hours into persona 5, assasins creed origins, far cry primal and etc.....but as long as i get these sales, im copping everything i want :ehh:

I only cop games, books and travel and i wait for deep sales so no worries :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same. I buy too many games and don't finish em.

Just off the top these are the games I bought and bolded are the ones I finished this year:

Zero Escape Zero time dilemma
Danganronpa V3
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Cup Head
Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus
TItanfall 2
Skyrim VR
Megaton Rainfall
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5(technically I beat the JP version I bought last year)
Zelda BOTW
Splatoon 2
MK8 Deluxe
Sonic Mania
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Destiny 2
Assassin's Creed Origins
Yooka Laylee
Farpoint
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy(didn't beat the 3rd game)

This isn't even including games from last year :snoop:

I only played Horizon for like 30 minutes and the other games maybe a few hours.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I stopped doing that. I only buy FPS and Sports games day one. Any single player game I buy I get on sale to lessen the blow. I bought the first evil within when it first dropped and just opened it 2 weeks ago :shaq2:. Never again.

I bought 5 games on the playstation store on Thanksgiving. Then bought 3 games at games stop on Friday. I took the 3 games back yesterday. Ain't no way I'm playing all these shyts. I'm learning.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Same here

Currently put myself on a buying hiatus until I finish Persona, Nioh, Yakuza Kiwami, Dishonored 2 and ME Andromeda, yes, ME Andromeda

Don't get me started on my Steam backlog, I prefer just not to talk about that... :pachaha:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
99.9% of the posters in Aecadium only buy games to have them, not play them. We are game collectors, not really gamers. I'd probably say most of us buy 20-30 games a year, and only get through 5-10 IF were lucky. And that's okay.

There's a sony stan joke in here somewhere :mjpls::lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As I stare down my Steam collection of over 100+ games I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem. I probably enjoy buying games more than I do playing them. I'm definitely an ADHD gamer who jumps around and samples a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Rarely finishing anything and steadily anticipating more. I have more than enough games to last me through an entire year without purchasing much.

I have FPS, RPG, Action, Platformer, 2D platformers, puzzle games, sports, I could go on but you catch my drift. I look at Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 in disgust every time I open steam knowing damn well there is a high chance I'll never see the credits roll in those games. Hell I've been putting off beating Ryse Son of Rome and how damn short is that game. I just bought Diablo 3...which is a great fukking game, but I didn't need it. Even picked up COD: Ghosts and MW3 just because they were $3.99 and maybe i'll play the campaign one day.

Ahh life is crazy I have the same problem with books. Do you know how many books I bought this year and have yet to even crack open. They just look so lovely on my book shelf, but the idea of actually taking time to read them seems like a dream.

Then the regrets of buying a 4k TV...with so little content I really want to consume, but I feel like I must buy something just to justify having the damn thing. Making the jump to the GTX 1080 TI from the GTX 1060 seems dumb even though shyt looks and runs better. It's just videogames at the end of the day. I got bit by the gold chain gamers bug and was up late night on Newegg like Pookie on New Jack that 1080 TI kept calling me man.

Bottom line...gamers play your fukking games..stop buying shyt just because it's on sale or got rave reviews.

Be responsible adults and stop being gold chain gamers no matter if you can afford to or not. @Ciggavelli :whoa:

I'm done brehs just needed to get that out. :ahh:

Once come to this conclusion years ago but was told it is because I am broke :manny:

I do have a solution for you. Pick 3 games, then the rest of the games do not exist until you finish at least one of them.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I told myself I won't buy a PS4 until I beat the PS3 games I have. Hopefully PS5 has backwards compatibility because at this rate I won't be getting the PS4 anytime soon but I don't want to miss out on the games :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
giphy.gif

:mjcry: