My mother almost committed suicide just now.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I just don't know what to do fam. S

My sister and my mom always had a rocky relationship from what I remember throughout my entire life. They always had arguments but my mom always swore to care and protect her at all costs. One day about last year when my sister got herself knocked up and got pregnant during her junior year of college. She wanted to take out all of her anger at my mom instead of blaming herself. She then came home during Christmas and decided to spit verbal insults at my mother and say cruel statemets that NO mother should hear about from her children. Now remember that there is only one daughter in the family so that hurts more. She eventually dropped out of school and took the baby home to us. My sister then moved out of the house with her kid to live in a refugee apartment with her deadbeat boyfriend and never spoke to us again. Fast foward to today, my sister calls my phone and tells me that she got kicked out of the apartment and now lives in a shelter and wants money from us. I was so mad that she only calls me for money. Then she finally calls my mom and my mom said she will give it to her along with her birth certificate and passport. However, she decides out of nowhere to insult my mom AGAIN and my mother finally had enough of it and said that she is now DEAD to her. That she is no longer her daughter. For the rest of the phone session my sister said that she never wants any of us to contact her again and finally cuts off the phone. My mom then said she wants to go downstairs for something so we let her go. however, my brother was already in the kitchen and sees something that scarred all of us for life. My brother then calls us downstairs and told us that my mom grabbed a knife and points it at her heart and he called us while stopping her just short of doing the act. We all spent the past half hour trying to comfort my mother as she was suffering from grief of what was happening so far and it seemed that she couldn't take it anymore. I didn't understand on what was going on as thing were going too fast. I'm worried about her mental state of being.
Honestly I don't I have a sister anymore because she's the cause of this entire situation.

Sorry about this venting but my mom is crying herself to sleep and I want to give her some space for now.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I understand you want some help, and probably sont know where to go, but here might not be the best place. It gets pretty cold around. I can't offer anything, I've never had to deal with something like that. Best of luck.

Reckless

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn. You prob wanna get your mom some professional help. She may seem fine now, but those thoughts may likely return and you and your bro may not be around to stop her

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
your sister is a bytch. you let her know that your mom's blood will be on her hands. let her think about that. as for your mom, i suggest therapy. it would be even better if you guys can go as a family(without your sister of course). also, call a suicide hotline and stay with your mom.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
if she is doing it for attention, she would be ok

if not, you might need to get your mom, help

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
Damn homey, like the guy above me said get your mom some professional help asap! Try to talk her down though and stay with her even if u gotta sleep in her room for tonight or something, maybe she was just reacting in a heated moment. Either way, I hope yall get it resolved my nig.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Deep shyt bruh :wow:

I dont even know what to say :wow: , I personally think your mothers mental state is stable, its jus the events and whole situation with your sister hit her all at once during that phone call, and that the trauma may have been too much for her to handle :to: :wow:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I have a serious question to ask...Has your sister been involved in a situation during her childhood where she felt like her mother knew something bad was going on to her and didn't step in, or that her mother could have protected her and prevented something from happening? The reason why your sister is treating your mother so badly could be because she has some type of grudge against her.

There seems to be something missing from this story :patrice:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
hide all the sharp objects or guns you have in the house. make sure there isnt any pills or anything in the cabinets she could take. you gotta watch her.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
get your mom some help ASAP breh. and get yourself some too. all yall been doubly traumatized by this. there's no shame in talking to someone who doesnt know you personally to try to sort out your problems.

sorry to hear all that.