"my mom had a run in with the cartel in Mexico"

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Tijuana is safe, not in a sense that there isn't some degree of unchecked drug related violence, social and institutional insecurity, stunning poverty, etc...but it's SAFE to visit, live, enjoy yourself, anyone saying otherwise is ignorantly perpetuating a myth, that is offensive, and hurtful, and not representative of Tijuana, or Mexico as a whole...

Juarez had 3,700 murders in 2010. That aint ordinary, B.

Cutting up 50 different people and stuffing their limbs and bodies in bloodied vans. That aint ordinary, B.

Murdering politicians and city government workers and being brazen about it. That ain't ordinary, B.

Mexico is fukked up :stopitslime:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was being TJ specific in that post, and yeah, you're right....unquestionably, but to have a valid opinion on it, imo, and I'm not saying YOU don't, but you have to be aware and informed of the dynamics of the violence, and the decades long factors that have contributed to it, government and society wise....of course it's not normal, it's shocking in it's carnage and seemingly endless line of atrocities, but Juarez is not a good indicator of the rest of Mexico. Mexico suffer from a societal insecurity, caused by weak/compromised local/national government, and they are seeing the results of dozens of years of corruption and blood money, and it's come to bear on Mexico as a whole, but mainly the working poor, poor, and lower classes, which is horrific. Not everyone, or even a huge percentage of the population are killers and kidnappers, and you can safely visit many areas of Mexico.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
What about Cancun? I know ppl who went there for Spring Break and came back untouched

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I was being TJ specific in that post, and yeah, you're right....unquestionably, but to have a valid opinion on it, imo, and I'm not saying YOU don't, but you have to be aware and informed of the dynamics of the violence, and the decades long factors that have contributed to it, government and society wise....of course it's not normal, it's shocking in it's carnage and seemingly endless line of atrocities, but Juarez is not a good indicator of the rest of Mexico. Mexico suffer from a societal insecurity, caused by weak/compromised local/national government, and they are seeing the results of dozens of years of corruption and blood money, and it's come to bear on Mexico as a whole, but mainly the working poor, poor, and lower classes, which is horrific. Not everyone, or even a huge percentage of the population are killers and kidnappers, and you can safely visit many areas of Mexico.

I feel you. But people vacationing in Mexico aren't really thinking about that sh*t, b. They're just trying to enjoy themselves and not get shot in the head.

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
I go down to Mexico to visit family about 2 times a year. As long as you dont floss your shyt and mind your own business you should be ok.

Last time I was out there they had 3 guys chained by their ankles and handcuffed walking around butt ass naked :merchant:

They had a sign on him saying they were caught trying to steal from the cartel. Breh's I've never in my life seen people so badlly beaten. These dudes eyes were completely swollen, had dry blood all over their bodies and shyt :wow: They day before we came back I heard they found their bodies tossed in a lil creek.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
I wish them Zetas woulda tried me...on vacation...with my honey dip....

Me and my bish like bonnie and clyde...
We Murda Fi Fun
:demonic::birdman:

:duck:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Monterrey, one of Mexico's premier cities for industry and prosperity, was infected with vicious, public, and brutal violence in late 2010, as Zetas and CDG fought for control of the valuable plaza, as it's proximity to Reynosa makes it a staging point for shipments into the North, as well as retail drug market which is huge, prostitution, kidnapping, bootlegging, any illegal area they can control and tax. Bodies were thrown into the streets, heads and limbs tossed onto sidewalks in coolers, teenagers hung from bridges, still alive, then shot, as the public watched. Dozens murdered at a time in bars and clubs, gunmen entering and shooting the employees and patrons...a lot of violence, but as CDG gained ground, it's settled into a dull roar, a war, contained in the industrial suburbs of the poor, working clas neighborhoods.

Veracruz, a Zetas stronghold, is being contested by CDG, and allies in Sinaloa Cartel, I think the Zetas influence has waned, along with the high impact violence, but it's still violent and unstable, from a cartel war perspective, but I;m sure you could go, and have little to no issue. This was one of the most brazen and public displays of bodies in the last few years: http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/09/35-zetas-executed-in-boca-del-rio.html

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/09/images-of-boca-del-rio-massacre.html

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I'm going to Riviera Maya in 2 weeks, as far as all these stories I don't really give a fukk....as far as I see it I got just as high a chance getting got on the street where I'm at than at a 5 star resort. Ain't like I'm going out at night on the streets of Juarez :yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm going to Riviera Maya in 2 weeks, as far as all these stories I don't really give a fukk....as far as I see it I got just as high a chance getting got on the street where I'm at than at a 5 star resort. Ain't like I'm going out at night on the streets of Juarez :yeshrug:

true but again you never know a security guard or someone at the front desk could have one of thier fam members kidnap or work for the cartel and you become a target

i'll never go to mexico, like i said i went to cuba and i was walking the streets of havana and varadero at 2am

mexico id prob be cut up in 70 pieces or held for ransom