my keto diet brehs n brehettes

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Point blank....keto fukking sucks. It works, but so does every single diet in existence. It provides no special metabolic advantage over an equal calorie carb filled diet. The reason it sucks is the exact reason you are down on yourself right now....because diet success is determined by long term adherence, not by structure.

This man is correct. Keto is a miserable ass diet.
y'all need to stop f/cking with these fad diets. America has a new diet every year.

Just eat real food... stay in your macros, stay in your calories, and move your ass. Simple as that.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
:mjcry: i suck

thanksgiving started off ok, but after a couple cups of henny and a couple of coronas (light), i went back for another plate with no carb considerations.

friday i did good. only carbs i really had were a few onion rings from my wife's plate at a diner. i ate a chicken salad.

saturday was our 1st anniversary. we went to a dominican restaurant called mamajuanas. i had a dish that came with a lot of steak, chorizo, and chicken. but it also came with tostones (fried plantains) which i said i wouldnt touch. bullshyt :mjcry: i ate like 8 of them. then the restaurant surprised us with an anniversary dessert on the house. it was some kind of cake either flan or tres leches im not sure. ate half of that too.

yesterday i was ok too but i know im so far out of ketosis it doesnt matter now.

fukk me and my self control :upsetfavre: ima have to start from scratch.

this is the hardest diet ever for a dominican. I feel for you man :mjcry:

They'll shyt on you too for not eating their disgusting carbie playes :mjcry:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Sorry @beanz but this thread represents everything I hate about diet and nutrition ans your most recent story was an inevitable outcome. Stopped myself from being negative in this thread multiple times because I didnt want to fukk with the W's you were catching

Point blank....keto fukking sucks. It works, but so does every single diet in existence. It provides no special metabolic advantage over an equal calorie carb filled diet. The reason it sucks is the exact reason you are down on yourself right now....because diet success is determined by long term adherence, not by structure.

You rebound binged. It was inevitable.

The good news is, no short term failure is a reason to give up. Minimal damage can be done. Most of your weight gain is probably water. I doubt you gained more than a few pounds of actual fat unless you arent being forthcoming with the true extent of your cheating.

You need to reevaluate you idea of what a diet has to be. A diet should not be a set of restrictive rules doomed for eventual failure
Keto diets are for people seeking a deep cut six pack and trying to manipulate their hormones. Its not for obese people.

Restrict your portions. Eat filling foods like hard boiled eggs, fat free greek yogurt, old fashioned oatmeal, lean meat, and veggies. Sprinkle delcacies and comfort foods here and there, but try and limit portions and try and keep it to 10% of your overall food intake.

10 small good choices add up to a major difference. Always try to make a good choice every time you eat (leave out a bun....get a kid sized popcorn at the theater....skip the baked potato toppings and eat it plain.....only grab a small handful of chips instead of taking the bag with you to eat out of....etc, etc)

avon.gif

wrong fakkit. GOAT diet, eat a plate a day and feel great and eat nothing else :noah:

@beanz dont listen to these cowards, they dont know about that dominican life thats the only reason why its so hard. I bet your bytch making you 8 platano plates too just to fukk with ur mind. :mjcry:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
this is the hardest diet ever for a dominican. I feel for you man :mjcry:

They'll shyt on you too for not eating their disgusting carbie playes :mjcry:

i just cant do that shyt during the holidays :to:

i was doing good until thanksgiving rolled around. if not for that i would still be in ketosis.

to update the thread tho:

i have been just trying to stay at under 2500 calories and going to the gym. i had to stop the bjj for a while because of money issues. got a tax lien put on me and my check is being taxed for a while until is paid off. that plus me and wifey trying to get pregnant and i want to save a good 6 or 7k for when that happens.

anyway ive been back on my planet fitness shyt for now. 5 times a week. 30 minutes cardio on the elliptical(i keep my heart rate above 155 almost the whole 30 minutes) and machine lifting :beli:. a little bit of free weights too but those 60lb dumbbells aint shyt. im doing enough to get sore and workup a sweat tho.

people been telling me i look like ive lost some weight at least :manny:. im at 278 since friday am weigh in. so im still down a little more than half of what i lost. hoping i can drop at least 8 by the new year.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yea i been avoiding this thread :beli:

i havent lost much more weight because even tho i been in the gym pretty steady, the holidays and all the parties/get togethers/luncheons/company dinners have fukked me up. im at 275 as of this morning.

i started taking my wife with me to the gym last night. she one of the new years resolution crowd. we cleaned out our fridge together and im educating her on what she has to avoid. she's a big cereal eater so i had to convince her to eat cheerios instead of captain crunch. she got mad at me when i suggested we share a subway chicken footlong :russ: for dinner. she was like "no cheese? no mayo? :mindblown:" :pachaha:

im hoping us doing this together helps clean out my diet now that the holidays are over. my cardio is still ok and im lifting heavy so a little diet cleanup might help.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
yea i been avoiding this thread :beli:

i havent lost much more weight because even tho i been in the gym pretty steady, the holidays and all the parties/get togethers/luncheons/company dinners have fukked me up. im at 275 as of this morning.

i started taking my wife with me to the gym last night. she one of the new years resolution crowd. we cleaned out our fridge together and im educating her on what she has to avoid. she's a big cereal eater so i had to convince her to eat cheerios instead of captain crunch. she got mad at me when i suggested we share a subway chicken footlong :russ: for dinner. she was like "no cheese? no mayo? :mindblown:" :pachaha:

im hoping us doing this together helps clean out my diet now that the holidays are over. my cardio is still ok and im lifting heavy so a little diet cleanup might help.
:russ:

Now that the holidays are over, I have to get rid of the "holiday fluff" but I'm dragging my feet :sadcam: gonna do my workouts in the morning tho and make it a routine..also fasted...didn't pass out so I'll continue doing it :yeshrug:

I am in a new relationship...the honeymoon phase + holidays had gotten me out of control...but I know I'll get back on regular schedule once he leaves to Afghanistan in Feb. Also, my boyfriend has the worst eating habits, cherry coke, popcorn, chips, meats and potatoes type of guy :sadcam: and is killing my soul...every time I recommend a healthier alternative like...drink water :comeon:he gives me the :scust:...
is water:mindblown:

He is not fat but is gonna catch up with his ass...

I'm just looking to lose 10lbs if I lose more :manny:...I can do that in 2 months but I need competition and right now...there is none..

And I'll keto in august before he gets back cause we going to DR so I have to be "bikini ready"

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:russ:

Now that the holidays are over, I have to get rid of the "holiday fluff" but I'm dragging my feet :sadcam: gonna do my workouts in the morning tho and make it a routine..also fasted...didn't pass out so I'll continue doing it :yeshrug:

I am in a new relationship...the honeymoon phase + holidays had gotten me out of control...but I know I'll get back on regular schedule once he leaves to Afghanistan in Feb. Also, my boyfriend has the worst eating habits, cherry coke, popcorn, chips, meats and potatoes type of guy :sadcam: and is killing my soul...every time I recommend a healthier alternative like...drink water :comeon:he gives me the :scust:...
is water:mindblown:

He is not fat but is gonna catch up with his ass...

I'm just looking to lose 10lbs if I lose more :manny:...I can do that in 2 months but I need competition and right now...there is none..

And I'll keto in august before he gets back cause we going to DR so I have to be "bikini ready"

thats what fukked me up, my relationship. before i got with my wife i was going HAM. i went to my mma school 4-5 times a week PLUS the gym after every session PLUS i ran on a track twice a week and walked almost everywhere. my diet wasnt perfect but i wasnt eating any junk either. i was all the way down to 240 from 340. looking and feeling great and killing it with the ladies. then when me and my wife first got together i started slacking on all those things just to spend more time with her. then i quit the mma cause the 250 a month i was spending on it was better spent on the wedding preparation. n on top of that she looked good no matter what she ate so we always went to olive garden, chipotle, shake shack, chinese restaurants and all that shyt. plus her mom the type that doesnt let u eat a little bit so i would always be feasting at her crib.

it took 2 years, but i slowly gained back 50 of the 100 :sadcam:

its coming off this year tho. at least before summer it has to! :damn:

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
thats what fukked me up, my relationship. before i got with my wife i was going HAM. i went to my mma school 4-5 times a week PLUS the gym after every session PLUS i ran on a track twice a week and walked almost everywhere. my diet wasnt perfect but i wasnt eating any junk either. i was all the way down to 240 from 340. looking and feeling great and killing it with the ladies. then when me and my wife first got together i started slacking on all those things just to spend more time with her. then i quit the mma cause the 250 a month i was spending on it was better spent on the wedding preparation. n on top of that she looked good no matter what she ate so we always went to olive garden, chipotle, shake shack, chinese restaurants and all that shyt. plus her mom the type that doesnt let u eat a little bit so i would always be feasting at her crib.

it took 2 years, but i slowly gained back 50 of the 100 :sadcam:

its coming off this year tho. at least before summer it has to! :damn:

:laff::laff::laff: GOTDAMN this is nothing but the truth but we will regain control

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
so just found out wife is pregnant, so i lost my diet buddy :russ:

im still going tho. people already telling me i look thinner in the face :myman:

been keeping it up with my diet too. mostly veggies and chicken and eating at 6pm every night.

now that i know ima be a dad it kind of changes your perspective. i would like to be a healthy dad and not one that cant even go to the park for too long. i would like to be one of those healthy old dudes that can keep up with the teens.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

im still going tho. people already telling me i look thinner in the face :myman:

been keeping it up with my diet too. mostly veggies and chicken and eating at 6pm every night.

now that i know ima be a dad it kind of changes your perspective. i would like to be a healthy dad and not one that cant even go to the park for too long. i would like to be one of those healthy old dudes that can keep up with the teens.

Congrats, bro

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

:salute: keep up the good work my dude

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

besides the stupid "antojos" she can continue eating the same...as long as she takes the pre-natals she should be fine with the current diet.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
besides the stupid "antojos" she can continue eating the same...as long as she takes the pre-natals she should be fine with the current diet.

she actually so nauseous right now she doesnt eat anything so its helping me out. last night we ate crackers for dinner :russ:. she didnt want shyt and i didnt feel like cooking so :manny:. the smell of meat is making her sick and so is any kind of sauce. i know its gonna change in a few weeks tho.