My Husband's Unconscious Racism Nearly Destroyed Our Marriage

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
See...I couldn't do it.

The one time I dated IR my ex was in complete denial about white privilege. We got into a really big nasty argument about it and that's when I realized I can't do it ever again, Black, White, or anybody else.

If you're not woke I'm not interested. I should be able to discuss race issues as often as I want without a dude feeling some type of way and ranting about how the shyt don't apply to him/us. There's too much information out there for people to be walking around oblivious; no excuses.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Not gonna read this shyt :russell:

but :mjpls:
You are awful. I laughed out loud.

This black woman just got tired of hanging out with her white husband's all white crew all the gd white time. THAT is why she started to get sensitive about his comments and about his white privilege.
Ex: If she had a black husband who mumbled a joke about not getting shot at a stuffy white restaurant, the author would have giggled along.

There is only so much of other cultures that you can take before you need to re-up on your own culture.
Ex: When I lived in Boston/Cambridge, I needed interaction with AfAms periodically (and I required black church and black house parties and black restaurants and black hair salons). Else I would start to get...cagey.
Ex: I can only travel abroad comfortably for 2 weeks max. Then I need to come back to the USA's melting pot.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Her reasoning is just as ludicrous as those Coli posters that believe that they can 'breed out' racism. When will people ever learn?

You probably can... maybe

Racism against Blacks is generally because of the portrayals of us in pop culture and the nonsense that they spew is so negative and non even correct
it makes people think we're everything bad... violent, ignorant and crazy
also White people try to make themselves feel better so they attack Blacks

so if it can be taught it could possibly be fixed
especially when the facts show that the shyt ain't even true and if it is it's something that every race in America does

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
so your real concern is sexual access to women you find attractive, and not about preserving the black race. :jbhmm:
She wasn't getting any love from the black race apparently. And I don't like fat bytches no matter what race :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
See...I couldn't do it.

The one time I dated IR my ex was in complete denial about white privilege. We got into a really big nasty argument about it and that's when I realized I can't do it ever again, Black, White, or anybody else.

If you're not woke I'm not interested. I should be able to discuss race issues as often as I want without a dude feeling some type of way and ranting about how the shyt don't apply to him/us. There's too much information out there for people to be walking around oblivious; no excuses.

Why the fukk did you date him in the first place??? :dahell: Knowing full well as a white man who he was??? :heh:

yates

All Star
Daps
See...I couldn't do it.

:mjlol: yall IR blacks are some clowns man.

Dating white people expecting them to be like malcom x :dead:

Thinking you can just talk about white supremacy to a white person and theyre gonna be like 'you right:krs:'. Of course theyre gonna be defensive.

And now youre demanding someone "woke" like you are yourself:pachaha:

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
Why the fukk did you date him in the first place??? :dahell: Knowing full well as a white man who he was??? :heh:

Because I assumed he knew better, like some other non-Blacks I know that do. But that was a mistake on my part. I learned from it though.

:mjlol: yall IR blacks are some clowns man.

Dating white people expecting them to be like malcom x :dead:

Thinking you can just talk about white supremacy to a white person and theyre gonna be like 'you right:krs:'. Of course theyre gonna be defensive.

And now youre demanding someone "woke" like you are yourself:pachaha:

Did you read the part where I said I can't do it again? Or were you just looking for a reason to give a fukkboy ass response?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Because I assumed he knew better, like some other non-Blacks I know that do. But that was a mistake on my part. I learned from it though.

You should have knew off the bat.... :ufdup: Aint no one teach you that shyt growing up about the 3 strikes rule in white america?