My Boss Just Got Fired and I got the Position...ALL UNEXPECTED (9/23/15 UPDATE: Got Another Offer)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
There's so many responsibilities and tasks that are in critical phases that I am unaware of that I now have to deal with...I have a great working relationship with the people that now report to me and work with me so they will help...and they all understand that this is an impossible position I'm in but nonetheless this shyt is too much guys wtf I'm scared shytless.

9/24/15 UPDATE: (If you think I'm :duck: then :manny:)

My position is being phased out within the next 6 months and I was going to be transferred into being a PM between two separate government agencies. However, I've been speaking periodically with the CFO of our subsidiary about many things ranging from contracts, payment requests, the usual. Last week his entity had a BOD meeting at my building and he stopped by my office to "chat" which ended up with him offering me a job at the same place I have been monitoring/auditing for the past 3 years. It was so casual that I dismissed it as a pipe dream and KIM.

Today he calls me under the pretense of discussing the status of a payment request I have to approve and offers the position again with a significant pay hike relative to what I'm earning now...offering flexibility for my current responsibilities as well. shyt, he wants me to start in 3 weeks! I told him it wasn't feasible and he adjusted the timeframe to two months if needed :wow: Even when I mentioned the fact that I can't be long term he said he'd work with me on the particulars if I took the position. I need advice as there are many moving parts to this I have to consider, (especially continuity since I'm going to grad. school) and I obviously haven't mentioned them above.

EDIT: I mentioned it to close family but also a friend that I've worked with for years and she works for the prospective company. She sounded a little depressed :snoop: I don't think I should have told her...shyt.:snoop:

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
You got it breh, they wouldn't have offered you the position if they didn't think you can handle it.

Also don't know your religious/spiritual background so I'm going to go on an pantheist rant and say:

The Universe never puts you in a position if it feels you can't complete it or that's overwhelming and the cliche "everything happens for a reason" bit.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
There's so many responsibilities and tasks that are in critical phases that I am unaware of that I now have to deal with...I have a great working relationship with the people that now report to me and work with me so they will help...and they all understand that this is an impossible position I'm in but nonetheless this shyt is too much guys wtf I'm scared shytless.

You ain't felt the pressure in a lil while, it's gon' take some getting used to :heh:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You work at McDonald's or Burger King?

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Congrats. It may be tough, but this is an opportunity to show off your competence. Is there anyway you can talk to your boss about the job overview/responsibilities so that you can learn? Try to do some due diligence.