1999: The Rock
2000: The Rock
2001: Kurt Angle
2002: Brock Lesnar
2003: Kurt Angle/HHH?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
HBK missed sat out 6 or 7 months in '95 and got punked out at the end of the year by shane douglas.

what did bret hart do in 1991 to even be nominated for such an award??? seriously.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

the TRUE MVP :wow::win:

His heel and gimmick turn was so fast and quick and it somehow ended up working and he carried Smackdown after the 04 draft. Eddie was still champ, but the pressure of being champion was getting to him, Cena was still on the come up, Kurt was injured, Taker was making part time special appearances, The Dudleyz were being pushed off TV...it just worked. I'll take this down time on Smackdown over what was going on with RAW (which was still The HHH Happy Fun-time Show.)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
His heel and gimmick turn was so fast and quick and it somehow ended up working and he carried Smackdown after the 04 draft.

you mean he chased people away from watching smackdown.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1997 was def Bret Hart's year, how you single out a whole country as the enemy and get cheered in every other country
Bret was a babyface in every country except USA :mjlol:
Something was just so fascinating about that
to include the entire world in your storyline
and actually have em beef with each other

Plus he was cutting some crazy promos leading to Wrestlemania

The backstage shyt with HBK

Plus the Montreal Screwjob controversy

Bret Hart owned that year, everytime i think of Bret Hart i think of how amazing his 1997 was

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
HBK missed sat out 6 or 7 months in '95 and got punked out at the end of the year by shane douglas.

what did bret hart do in 1991 to even be nominated for such an award??? seriously.

You and these alternative facts, breh...

Michaels got punked out by Douglas? When? The night Douglas got handed the IC title so he could lose it to Razor 15 mins. later? :russ:

Michaels got punked out that weekend but it wasn't by Douglas :lolbron: And he def. wasn't out no 6-7 months.

Bret Hart came into '91 as a tag champ, started a singles run after Mania, stole the show with Perfect at SummerSlam and closed the year as IC champion.

And to your other post about Perfect in '91... it is a fact that Perfect was injured most of that year. He did do house shows with Bulldog and Mania with Bossman... he spent the better part of the months after Mania dealing with injuries (he cut promos on TV but wasn't wrestling often) and made it to SummerSlam where he worked with a bad back against Bret in a great match. After this, he was done in the ring for over a year (this was when he showed up as Flair's assistant). Again, not dumping on Perfect, but '91 was not an MVP year for him.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You and these alternative facts, breh...

Michaels got punked out by Douglas? When? The night Douglas got handed the IC title so he could lose it to Razor 15 mins. later? :russ:

Michaels got punked out that weekend but it wasn't by Douglas :lolbron: And he def. wasn't out no 6-7 months.

Bret Hart came into '91 as a tag champ, started a singles run after Mania, stole the show with Perfect at SummerSlam and closed the year as IC champion.

And to your other post about Perfect in '91... it is a fact that Perfect was injured most of that year. He did do house shows with Bulldog and Mania with Bossman... he spent the better part of the months after Mania dealing with injuries (he cut promos on TV but wasn't wrestling often) and made it to SummerSlam where he worked with a bad back against Bret in a great match. After this, he was done in the ring for over a year (this was when he showed up as Flair's assistant). Again, not dumping on Perfect, but '91 was not an MVP year for him.

so basically, all you could muster up is the match with mr perfect......the guy who we had listed as the MVP for '91. altho i changed my pick a week ago, hes still over bret in '91.
also, i dont think anybody at a high level was active thru the entire '91.
lesbianest, if bret didnt go on to have his run afterwards, nobody would be listing him as the guy for '91.

i recall douglas threatening to shoot on HBK, which is why HBK ducked out of the match.
HBK was out earlier that year as well. but youre right. it wasnt 6-7 months. i was thinking of something else. a simple mistake there. you dont have to do cartwheels out of nowhere and ruin the vibe of the thread with your sassiness. if a mistake is made, you can simply correct it. no need to get all excited. its like you got a crush on me or youre harboring an old grudge or something. either way, its SCUST.

Last edited:

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
1997 was def Bret Hart's year, how you single out a whole country as the enemy and get cheered in every other country
Bret was a babyface in every country except USA :mjlol:
Something was just so fascinating about that
to include the entire world in your storyline
and actually have em beef with each other

Plus he was cutting some crazy promos leading to Wrestlemania

The backstage shyt with HBK

Plus the Montreal Screwjob controversy

Bret Hart owned that year, everytime i think of Bret Hart i think of how amazing his 1997 was

97 Bret was like 96 Pac
Spring Stampede was like when Hit em Up dropped

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
so basically, all you could muster up is the match with mr perfect......the guy who we had listed as the MVP for '91. altho i changed my pick a week ago, hes still over bret in '91.
also, i dont think anybody at a high level was active thru the entire '91.
lesbianest, if bret didnt go on to have his run afterwards, nobody would be listing him as the guy for '91.

i recall douglas threatening to shoot on HBK, which is why HBK ducked out of the match.
HBK was out earlier that year as well. but youre right. it wasnt 6-7 months. i was thinking of something else. a simple mistake there. you dont have to do cartwheels out of nowhere and ruin the vibe of the thread with your sassiness. if a mistake is made, you can simply correct it. no need to get all excited. its like you got a crush on me or youre harboring an old grudge or something. either way, its SCUST.

You get so emotional, breh... ":sadcam: you don't have to talk to me like that, I don't like it"... you do this all the time and then wanna turn around and call somebody else sassy :heh: I really feel like you be over there suckin' your teeth and typin' your response hard as fukk. And then this homosexual angle you tryin' to play... :stopitslime: what kinda time you on in here, breh? :pachaha: It's just wrestling, it's just music, it's just the internet... cool off :russ:

Last edited: