Music industry plant - Tommy Richman: Million Dollar Baby

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this song came from the 90s because I felt like I had heard this song before until I knew the truth.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This shyt smoove.
Jay Z Head GIF - Jay Z Head Bob GIFs

He/his team know how to put together an earworm:dj2:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Shut the fukk up with this plant shyt. My god.

If the industry illuminati is able to make good fukking music...

Then...non plants should step up their talent...or nah?

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
interesting

you got paperwork on dave east

:patrice:
The official story is Dave goes to Towson to play ball, but then he leaves school (Why?)
He allegedly hits the streets and starts hustling. He starts rapping in 2010 and in 2014, Nas randomly hears his mixtape and starts looking for him.
Luckily, Dave is tight with Jungle and Jungle makes the introduction.
Nas signs him and boom, he's everywhere. Modeling in print and runway, acting.
Problem is Nas couldn't blow up Jungle and Bravehearts so how does Dave skyrocket just from being signed to Nas?
Other problem is Dave East had 0 hits. Nothing bubblin on the streets from his mixtapes. And he still doesn't have a hit to this day.
And if he was bubblin on the streets or nasty on the mic like that Jungle would have made that introduction long ago.
Don't get me started on the fake Crip shyt.
Dave East is the East Coast Game. An attempt at an eye candy thug for female listeners with enough street cred for dudes.
He fit the Johnny Bravo suit.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The official story is Dave goes to Towson to play ball, but then he leaves school (Why?)
He allegedly hits the streets and starts hustling. He starts rapping in 2010 and in 2014, Nas randomly hears his mixtape and starts looking for him.
Luckily, Dave is tight with Jungle and Jungle makes the introduction.
Nas signs him and boom, he's everywhere. Modeling in print and runway, acting.
Problem is Nas couldn't blow up Jungle and Bravehearts so how does Dave skyrocket just from being signed to Nas?
Other problem is Dave East had 0 hits. Nothing bubblin on the streets from his mixtapes. And he still doesn't have a hit to this day.
And if he was bubblin on the streets or nasty on the mic like that Jungle would have made that introduction long ago.
Don't get me started on the fake Crip shyt.
Dave East is the East Coast Game. An attempt at an eye candy thug for female listeners with enough street cred for dudes.
He fit the Johnny Bravo suit.
East one of the hardest working rappers in the game his catalog is deep and he got on traditionally. He grinded and got put on y’all gotta chill with the allegations. Industry plant has no meaning anymore.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
East one of the hardest working rappers in the game his catalog is deep and he got on traditionally. He grinded and got put on y’all gotta chill with the allegations. Industry plant has no meaning anymore.
:pachaha:Sorry, Dave fan. What Dave song has the streets jumpin?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This dude is actually talented, but it's fact that certain acts have media managers behind them that make sure music is pushed on social media platforms or certain 'influencers' use a song in their videos to help it go viral.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody definitely put money in the streets (or more specifically to influencers) to make this song pop but I don't see how this is more of an industry plant than most of the shyt that comes out these days.

Payola has long been a part of the game, the industry plant stuff is more egregious when they try to manufacture clout/status for an image created out of nowhere by the industry. Like how labels advertised Chance The Rapper's first tape as long anticipated and if you didn't know you just weren't paying enough attention. When in reality nobody ever heard of him.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
This dude is actually talented, but it's fact that certain acts have media managers behind them that make sure music is pushed on social media platforms or certain 'influencers' use a song in their videos to help it go viral.
Dude fits the Johnny Bravo suit.
He cant sing and his lyrics are just randomness.
I'll give it to him for settings those barely sensical lyrics to decent melodies.
He's got three young cacs handling his music.
BTW, have you noticed that young (and most likely, privileged) cacs are taking over the hip-hop production game over the past 10 years?
He better stay in their good graces.

DEVIL IS A LIE​

Tommy Richman on COYOTE
Producers: Jonah Roy
jonah-roy-collage-fever-dream.png
Max Vossberg
e927f1687246ee716b80a43f5abf6d28.499x499x1.jpg

& Kavi aka Kaviklub