Music industry plant - Tommy Richman: Million Dollar Baby

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is a serious plant but all plants are not created equal.
Plenty plants have flopped hard. Anybody remember Andrew W.K.?
Initial success does not mean lasting success. I hope Lil Nas X has put some money away.

We're watching Post Malone 2.0 in front of our eyes. What ol boy has going for him besides being a cac is the music.
Both are equally important.

I heard that awful falsetto part of Devil Is Lie and dismissed it, then I heard the hook and I had to reconsider my position.
The secret to this dude's music is the basslines. We haven't had basslines in Black music in about 20 years.
Our music stopped being funky and having a groove. I've long said that the person who puts the groove back in to Black music will win easily.

So ironic but completely on brand for today's industry that that person would be a cac.

They used Brent's back as a stepping stone.
Brent is gonna be an afterthought if Tommy's streak continues and that will be interesting.
It 's definitely not the first time.
Repped

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wouldn't be received the same if it was Brent Faiyaz on the vocals.
Fixed it. LOL.
But yeah, complexion for the connection.

Yup… the Justin Timberlake effect… Timbo could have done the same songs with Ginuwine and they probably would have came out better, but would not came close to the mass reception/sales Timberlake got

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Dude is a serious plant but all plants are not created equal.
Plenty plants have flopped hard. Anybody remember Andrew W.K.?

Initial success does not mean lasting success. I hope Lil Nas X has put some money away.

We're watching Post Malone 2.0 in front of our eyes. What ol boy has going for him besides being a cac is the music.
Both are equally important.

I heard that awful falsetto part of Devil Is Lie and dismissed it, then I heard the hook and I had to reconsider my position.
The secret to this dude's music is the basslines. We haven't had basslines in Black music in about 20 years.
Our music stopped being funky and having a groove. I've long said that the person who puts the groove back in to Black music will win easily.

So ironic but completely on brand for today's industry that that person would be a cac.

Brent is gonna be an afterthought if Tommy's streak continues and that will be interesting.

andrew wk was a plant? seriously? the dude that did an album full of gundam songs was considered a plant?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I agree, but weren't Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak doing this sound for the last 7-8 years?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, but weren't Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak doing this sound for the last 7-8 years?

Bruno Mars was. Paak jumped in after the fact. Bruno is talented but the same thing applies to him. He is way more palatable to the masses than a dark skinned black male. Bruno is essentially doing cover songs.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Exactly. Rep for having knowledge on the power of basslines. This was slick part of what made trap music blow up but that's another topic

Not to mention that after hearing his two songs enough times this guy's lyrics are awful:dahell: Seriously listen to what he's saying on these songs and it's corny and jagged as hell

Basslines and that slightly comical falsetto is the meat of the Million Dollar Baby dish

Last edited: