MultiVersus Official Announcement Trailer [Warner Smash Bros]

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:francis: Ya'll gonna make me download this. And I'm absolutely awful in Smash Brother type games. Maybe I can learn to play at the very least.

It’s free to play can’t hurt to give it a shot :hubie:

I’m lowkey feeling this a lot more than I thought I would. I really liked PS All Stars but that game didn’t have the budget/presentation value to compete with smash. Never played Nickelodeon but the lack of voice acting and other touches kinda made that a dud for me. I feel like MultiVersus actually has a really great foundation and is only gonna get better with time. The gameplay is fun and familiar but still different and the little details like the voice acting and character banter are dope

It doesn’t have every single feature that smash does but it also has modern online infrastructure that smash will NEVER have so :hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s free to play can’t hurt to give it a shot :hubie:

I’m lowkey feeling this a lot more than I thought I would. I really liked PS All Stars but that game didn’t have the budget/presentation value to compete with smash. Never played Nickelodeon but the lack of voice acting and other touches kinda made that a dud for me. I feel like MultiVersus actually has a really great foundation and is only gonna get better with time. The gameplay is fun and familiar but still different and the little details like the voice acting and character banter are dope

It doesn’t have every single feature that smash does but it also has modern online infrastructure that smash will NEVER have so :hubie:

Needs grapple/throw, badly

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk, I feel like the game is just chaotic and floaty without any sort of rhyme to it... I tried playing a match with Superman last night and It felt like I wasn't doing anything interesting. It's hard to play other Smash type games because Smash Bros is extremely polished down to the controls even if comparing it only to Smash Bros 64. I just can't seem to string together any sort of combos or follow-up attacks without my character just moving strangely. Like, the hit back

I wish it played like Slap City instead. Also, the UI and music is boring in this. There's nothing iconic outside of some characters. I don't know any of these levels. I feel like this game is getting a bit gassed up because it's F2P.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Idk, I feel like the game is just chaotic and floaty without any sort of rhyme to it... I tried playing a match with Superman last night and It felt like I wasn't doing anything interesting. It's hard to play ot

Try not to play it like smash if that makes sense. I’ve got like 160 matches in across a handful of characters and IMO the neutral game and aerial movement/recovery are very different than smash. You get the two air dodges along with the double jump and getting used to utilizing those at the right times is key. You can move across the map very quickly if you work the dodges. I feel like even basic recovery didn’t start to “click” for me until the last 20-30 matches or so. A lot of high level play will likely be played off stage in the air since you have a lot more options and flexibility there than you do in smash

They have a lot of mechanics built into the game that make mashing ineffective. You have to really know your characters kit and use the right moves in the right situation, on top of not using it TOO much to avoid attack decay. Playing on some smash shyt had me mashing my regular attacks like crazy in neutral :lolbron:. It’s fast paced but you gotta be deliberate with all your moves to really be effective

Not gonna lie tho the GaaS shyt got me hooked I been having to hit those 6 daily challenges every time I sit down to play :sadcam: