MultiVersus Official Announcement Trailer [Warner Smash Bros]

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
People play this 1v1? Seems to defeat the purpose of the game.

There’s leaderboards for both teams and 1v1 and most tier lists are being made around one or the other. Some characters like Velma or Reindog are top tier in teams but weaker in singles, and other characters like Arya are really strong in 1v1 but need the right type of partner to be really effective in teams

IMO 1v1 helps to test how well you really know your character & fundamentals cuz there’s a lot less chaos and random interactions. Teams requires good chemistry between characters and playstyles to be effective

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s leaderboards for both teams and 1v1 and most tier lists are being made around one or the other. Some characters like Velma or Reindog are top tier in teams but weaker in singles, and other characters like Arya are really strong in 1v1 but need the right type of partner to be really effective in teams

IMO 1v1 helps to test how well you really know your character & fundamentals cuz there’s a lot less chaos and random interactions. Teams requires good chemistry between characters and playstyles to be effective
oh yeah for sure. It's odd to me that I've really only seen 1v1 tier list from top players.
I mean lowkey it doesn't matter how good someone is 1v1 if teams is the main way to play. It would kind of be like making a 1v1 tier list for dota or marvel vs capcom 2/3.... I like that there's the option tho, because sometimes you just need to get familiar with your character in combat without killing someone's vibe in teams. I guess I could understand it more if was stocks like smash and you could die 2 and be left 1 vs 2. But seeing as that can never happen... idk. I guess I don't want this to be a case of smash all over again where the a "alternate" way to play the game doesn't become the main way to play the game because a bunch of top players "decided" its the "best" way to play it.
And seeing as how soft yet hardcore the smash scene is and how similar yet different this game is ... that mindset can easily transfer over and create a cluster for the "identity" of the game

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So either pay $40 to unlock everyone, or grind so much that by the time you earn enough to afford 1 character you're bored. This game should've been $20 at the most.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
How do people play this nonsensical shyt? I for the life of me will never understand platform fighters

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
How do people play this nonsensical shyt? I for the life of me will never understand platform fighters
They're a blast, and in the case of this one and Smash, have some serious marketing ability with the strength of the crossover franchises.

Nintendo's got Mario fighting Cloud and Sonic.

WB's got Batman fighting Lebron James.

Of course people love them.