"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
You gotta wonder if the shot of the "theater" the 4 personalities and then rolling film before the real Elliot opened his eyes was a way of implying that they were giving him all the knowledge and memories he missed while he was out. Specially giving The Mastermind final monologue about how we all changed the real Elliot. It didn't seem he was going to be thrown to the real world without any knowledge of anything.

NOW, OG Elliot does have a personality disorder and a really fukked up childhood so no matter what happened he's still gonna struggle like a motherfukker. But that was the point...don't give up and keep going.

This shyt really was End of Evangelion. Blessmail took some of Anno's fukked up ideas - that he had while he was suffering from deep depression - and executed them in a different and beautiful way. As I said before, Sam is the GOAT Evangelion stan, I can't be convinced otherwise :blessed:

I read a pretty dope post on Reddit about it...

Okay, so from my understanding, Esmail wrote the story in such a way where everything still happened while maintaining the twist that Elliot was another alter. He did this by saying that mastermind Elliot enacted a master plan that had been dreamt up by the real Elliot, as a reaction to the real Elliot’s pent up rage about his father, and therefore society. He basically became a superhero, so when his real self returned, it was to a world that was ridden of evil. Mastermind Elliot did his job, assisted by Mr. Robot, and the real Elliot has returned to a “better” world than before he left. Therefore bang, happiest ending. Sound about right?

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
You gotta wonder if the shot of the "theater" the 4 personalities and then rolling film before the real Elliot opened his eyes was a way of implying that they were giving him all the knowledge and memories he missed while he was out.
That's exactly what it was.

I don't know how much more obvious that scene could have been. Time fastforwarding while the Mastermind was watching the "movie" and the film projector literally being memories which turned into Real Elliot's pupil:deadmanny:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
so I’m a bit confused on the whole thing with Dom in the loop world saying Elliot looked nothing like his ID picture, what’s the deal with that?

We don't know how the real Elliot looks like. The Mastermind has a unique look just like every other personality.

Mr Robot/Protector = His father

Dealing with his child abuse = Young Elliot

edit: The prosecutor/guilt = Her mother

The hero hacker/rage = Mastermind (the "Elliot" we knew, which was a hero character that OG Elliot created)

The real Elliot = We don't know. Which I guess is the point. It could be anyone/us.

Last edited:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Anybody stupid enough to date Ollie is stupid enough to get brainwashed by trans Jim Jones.

The writing is bullet proof
:mjlol: No love for Jim... gotta make the goony face
hqdefault.jpg

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
These days it seems like none of these creators can bring it home, and finish strong. They milk their shows and lose sight of the endgame. Sam Esmail is cut from a different cloth :salute:(imagine a Sam Esmail & Vince Gilligan show:wow:) Yes there are some questions, but so far i haven`t read anyone say it`s a bad ending.