"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt.

And honestly were almost pulled me out at the very end was less about the choice of the music and more the fact that it seemed loud as hell. Like, it seemed like the vocals were too low in the mix. I sort of had a hard time hearing the dialogue through the music.

Minor gripe though.
Thought the same thing. Dang.

:salute:

By the time I log in and post, it's an afterthought though. But, spot on.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I will say that I almost, almost got pulled out of that final scene due to the music choice. And White Rose’s delivery of “where’s my fukking money” kinda had me like :ld: but I thought Price’s acting was great .

Now this bit I actually liked - White Rose having to ask where their fukking money was, after decades of pretty much being money was like that picture of Diddy looking at a dollar bill with the :wtf:.

After all that grand time/precision/philosophy talk and delivering threats to extremely powerful people like :youngsabo:, I felt like WR screaming on someone in the middle of the street like that was jarring, because it was meant to be. Like "How/why are these words coming out of my mouth in this order :dahell::damn::mjcry:?"

WR's tantrums were normally limited to yelling at assistants, but this time it was in downtown NYC, after having being exposed and doxxed, and right before the project was due to be finished. The fact that it was Price - who he'd kept under the thumb in numerous ways over the years adds to it as well.

shyt was like Elliot completely breaking down their personality the way it was done to him two episodes earlier

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now this bit I actually liked - White Rose having to ask where their fukking money was, after decades of pretty much being money was like that picture of Diddy looking at a dollar bill with the :wtf:.

After all that grand time/precision/philosophy talk and delivering threats to extremely powerful people like :youngsabo:, I felt like WR screaming on someone in the middle of the street like that was jarring, because it was meant to be. Like "How/why are these words coming out of my mouth in this order :dahell::damn::mjcry:?"

WR's tantrums were normally limited to yelling at assistants, but this time it was in downtown NYC, after having being exposed and doxxed, and right before the project was due to be finished. The fact that it was Price - who he'd kept under the thumb in numerous ways over the years adds to it as well.

shyt was like Elliot completely breaking down their personality the way it was done to him two episodes earlier
Yup, like I posted during the episode, WR is already scary as fukk when he's in complete control as he has been. WR losing his composure, losing control of the situation, having to react as opposed to having a plan laid out with 55 contingencies in place if the original plan doesn't work is :lupe:

I can imagine him in the back of the truck after going off and killing Pierce in public looking like
giphy.gif
because he probably blacked the fukk out and was trying to figure out how that happened.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It....was not a good situation over all.

I was living with them at the time, she said she was checking herself into Western Missouri (a psychiatric facility) to get help. A week after she left the FBI raided the house.

Apparently one of her personalities had defrauded a bank for like $70,000 and she went on the run.

Good times. :francis:

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
It....was not a good situation over all.

I was living with them at the time, she said she was checking herself into Western Missouri (a psychiatric facility) to get help. A week after she left the FBI raided the house.

Apparently one of her personalities had defrauded a bank for like $70,000 and she went on the run.

Good times. :francis:

Fred.

This is a movie.

Seriously.

And a damn funny one.

:russ:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly what I was gonna say.

Breh that’s wild, I once had a client who I suspected was dealing with a similar thing.

I wanted to ask how your situation ended up but you were so casual when mentioned those meetings that I was like eh it must not have been too bad.

Well I'm casual about it because it was in the 90's, I was still a teen. A long, long time ago breh. But nah, it was consistently weird as fukk.

But the daughter was a dime, I ain't even gonna lie. :whew:

:damn:

Sounds like a good pilot :lolbron:

This is a movie.

Seriously.

And a damn funny one.

:russ:

My life in the 80's and 90's would be a good TV series. I'll just say that.

The Feds let us go because: #1 there was nothing in the house, #2 the daughter was still a minor and #3 neither of us were even on the lease.

To add insult to injury though, a week after that we started getting late bill notices. Everything (rent, utilities, phone, cable, everything) was late.

Her fukk ass mom hadn't paid anything in months. Left her 17 year old daughter to deal with the FBI and eviction.

I cancelled everything, put the condo in my name (well....condo is being generous, it was Section 8) and we paid it all off.

Suffice to say her mother and I did not get along.

Fred.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Cybersecurity
U.S. Sanctions Russian Group ‘Evil Corp’ Over $100 Million Hack
By
Josh Wingrove
December 5, 2019, 10:00 AM ESTUpdated on December 5, 2019, 10:24 AM EST
  • Two Russians indicted in coordination with Treasury action
  • Treasury accuses Russian government of links to group
360x-1.jpg

Photographer: Jason Alden/Bloomberg
The U.S. Treasury Department said it would sanction a Russian group known as “Evil Corp” and its leaders for cyber-thefts at hundreds of financial institutions around the world that total more than $100 million.

The targets include the group’s leader, identified as Maksim Yakubets. Treasury said he also worked for the Russian Federal Security Service, an intelligence agency known as the FSB that’s already under U.S. sanctions, and was directed to work on projects for the Russian state as of 2017.

The sanctions were accompanied by indictments of Yakubets filed in federal court in Nebraska and Pennsylvania, charging him with conspiracy and fraud involving Bank of America Corp. and regional U.S. lenders. He is at large, and the State Department offered a $5 million reward for information leading to his capture.

Yakubets “is not the first cybercriminal to be tied to the Russian government,” Treasury said in a statement, citing the 2017 indictment of two FSB officers and conspirators for compromising “millions” of Yahoo Holdings Inc. email accounts. “The United States Government will not tolerate this type of activity by another government or its proxies and will continue to hold all responsible parties accountable.”

Another top Evil Corp leader, Igor Turashev, was also sanctioned and indicted.

“For over a decade, Maksim Yakubets and Igor Turashev led one of the most sophisticated transnational cyber-crime syndicates in the world,” U.S. Attorney Scott Brady said in a statement.

Evil Corp has used malware called Dridex to harvest log-in credentials from banks and financial institutions in more than 40 countries, the Treasury Department said. Prosecutors said in the Nebraska indictment that the malware affected thousands of computers.

“Our goal is to shut down Evil Corp, deter the distribution of Dridex, target the ‘money mule’ network used to transfer stolen funds, and ultimately to protect our citizens from the group’s criminal activities,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in the statement.

Senior Treasury officials said the U.S. action was coordinated with a crackdown on Evil Corp and Dridex by the U.K., and also in cooperation with countries and places targeted by the group including Italy, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, France, India, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

Dridex, also known as Bugat and Cridex, often reaches victims through phishing emails. Is is “a multifunction malware package that automates the theft of confidential personal and financial information, such as online banking credentials, from infected computers through the use of keystroke logging and web injects,” according to the indictment.

In October of 2015, U.S. prosecutors indicted Moldovan national Andrey Ghinkul for cyber-attacks using Dridex, which Justice called “a sophisticated malware package designed to steal banking and other credentials from infected computers.”

Dridex can be used by hackers as a tool for compromising credentials and gaining access to financial information. It is “one of the most prevalent eCrime malware families,” according to a July report by the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike, which said that Dridex was used significantly in 2015 and 2016.

— With assistance by Alyza Sebenius, and Chris Strohm

(Updates with background on Dridex in last paragraph. A previous version of this story misspelled Andrey Ghinkul’s name.)

Last edited:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
was dying when I saw this

he isn't smart enough to be in the Deus Group :mjlol:
You ain't got to be smart to be put in a position of power hence why dumbasses like Trump and George W. got put in the positions they are in :snoop:Unlike Price I'm pretty sure White Rose has no problem controlling Trump to do his/her bidding

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
False. Check the season 1 thread. Said the finale was one of the worst season finales I have ever seen on a good show.

And yes, I do still think it is a good show. A great show even. But the way that most of yall fall for the style over substance is laughable
Shut up bytch