Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If he's internalizing whatever arguments they're having then why does he end up in the hospital after falling/jumping off/being pushed off the pier? Why is he bleeding and limping at the cemetery after he pushed/let go of Mr. Robot out of the window at his childhood home? Things like that are the inconsistencies I was talking about in my previous post. Is Mr. Robot simply a mental manifestation or do their physical interactions actually exist ala Fight Club? Their physical interactions obviously do exist based on the examples I pointed out so why does nobody ever notice Elliot talking to himself or pushing himself up against a wall? In this very last episode Angela asks him who did you think you were talking to so obviously it's not as cut and dry as even their verbal interactions being internalized.

Why can't it be both? It's not a big stretch at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If he's internalizing whatever arguments they're having then why does he end up in the hospital after falling/jumping off/being pushed off the pier? Why is he bleeding and limping at the cemetery after he pushed/let go of Mr. Robot out of the window at his childhood home? Things like that are the inconsistencies I was talking about in my previous post. Is Mr. Robot simply a mental manifestation or do their physical interactions actually exist ala Fight Club? Their physical interactions obviously do exist based on the examples I pointed out so why does nobody ever notice Elliot talking to himself or pushing himself up against a wall? In this very last episode Angela asks him who did you think you were talking to so obviously it's not as cut and dry as even their verbal interactions being internalized.

It's not really inconsistencies, the show just expects us to know what is/isn't real based on context clues. I doubt it'll ever clearly spell out "ok, this is real, this isn't".

Angela asking him who he's talking to = he's not talking to imaginary people on a regular basis. Otherwise his work would think he's nuts, and fsociety would've mentioned it....or at the very least reacted somehow if the guy was standing in a corner talking to himself.

If he gets hurt, that's whatever argument he's internalized spilling out into the real world. But that's obviously not common.....again, if he was yelling at Mr. Robot at his job somebody would notice. And his mental illness has been going on for years by the point of the show. He's obviously not usually throwing himself out windows or getting into one man shouting matches.

Lastly, a girl I used to date had a mom with multiple personalities. Two of them hated each other, and wanted the other dead. Neither took into account they were in the same body. So yeah....it gets extremely weird....a lot weirder and more confusing than this show.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also this is my take on the Ellliot/Mr Robot thing

Elliot suffers from multiple personality disorder

Elliot and Robot are both two separate people with their own personalities/beliefs/etc they just share the same body

When we see Christian Slater,its Elliots body but the Mr Robot personality has taken over and is controlling the body/mind

IMO thats why Elliot has no memory of any of the stuff that Mr Robot did because he wasn't in control when that stuff happened

Everything that has happened so far is real,just substitute Elliot in for any scene that showed Christian Slater

Hmmm....that interpretation reminds me of this:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's not really inconsistencies, the show just expects us to know what is/isn't real based on context clues. I doubt it'll ever clearly spell out "ok, this is real, this isn't".

Angela asking him who he's talking to = he's not talking to imaginary people on a regular basis. Otherwise his work would think he's nuts, and fsociety would've mentioned it....or at the very least reacted somehow if the guy was standing in a corner talking to himself.

If he gets hurt, that's whatever argument he's internalized spilling out into the real world. But that's obviously not common.....again, if he was yelling at Mr. Robot at his job somebody would notice. And his mental illness has been going on for years by the point of the show. He's obviously not usually throwing himself out windows or getting into one man shouting matches.

Lastly, a girl I used to date had a mom with multiple personalities. Two of them hated each other, and wanted the other dead. Neither took into account they were in the same body. So yeah....it gets extremely weird....a lot weirder and more confusing than this show.

Fred.
:mindblown::deadrose:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
:bryan: on some psycho/bates motel shyt

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
All caught up and also caught up going through this thread..

The coli again with the fire recommendation
:salute:

Can't wait until Wednesday

Same here, I kept hearing everyone talk about how great and different it was. Binged through the episodes the last few days and the show is :whew:. Now I can check out this thread safely now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Same here, I kept hearing everyone talk about how great and different it was. Binged through the episodes the last few days and the show is :whew:. Now I can check out this thread safely now.
I'm kinda relieved. I can't imagine how I'd be handling a full season marathon of this shyt...

BrMvBn0.png

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just some thoughts on the season, I'm sure most of what I say has already been touched on but I haven't been in the thread.

The acting in the show is really good. Of course I heard how great Elliot was, but was pleasantly surprised by Euro Bateman, his wife, some of the workers at Evil Corp, etc. Even Beta Seyfried ex's boyfriend plays his role as a douchebag well. Didn't know my girl Carly Chaikin was in this either as Darlene, she was great on Surburgatory and is pretty good in this. Shoutout to the drug dealer character who made the most of each scene he was in.

I can see where some of the BB comparisons have come from, in terms of the pacing, tension, music, opening, etc. I don't really understand directing like that, but just the way certain scenes are framed and the way each episode opens up immediately stand out as something different.

Also enjoy the fact they didn't just stay with Elliot and his squad. Them spending time with Euro Bateman and Beta Seyfried was a good decision. Speaking of the two, this show has some of best dress downs I have seen on TV. From Euro Bateman talking shyt on the waiter behind his back then giving him the fake smile :troll:to Colby telling Angela how she could handle his balls, to Elliot snatching the soul of the fat dude at Steel Mountain :wow:.

Finally have to give some love to my girl Krista. Gloria Ruben is :takedat:to me. You don't have to be alone :mjcry:.