NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I wish someone would do this to sallie Mae for my loans :mjcry:

It's possible but I think the hacker crew are real

the dude keeps talking about everyone being binary but he never gives a 1 or a 0 answer and is always just there, same with how he, that rapper hacker, and the girl are always around with the MIB/law enforcement:patrice:

the convo with the girl in the tub was damn near the same exact one he had with the blonde chick the last ep but just more drug induced (to signify his mental drop?)

and :mindblown: at the ending

show is kinda hurting my head :pachaha: glad i dont burn anymore

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I liked the episode, I wish he would just be Dexter like and go after people who do dirt on the internet in every episode.

I am :ld: about the illumanti running the world plot.

I did laugh when he was like " he is too old to have a complicated password" :russ:

They got two people from House of Cards, that Head FBI guy and the guy that played the President.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another dope episode. I really thought he was dreaming about the office sequence. I like how they can impart some humor that doesn't come off as jokey jokey. Elliot is a very interesting character. It's was a little too on the nose with the V for Vendetta mask but I get the point/ intent. I didn't expect the ending that the episode had and almost missed it as I didn't know the show was extending past 11:00. I hope that the future episode focus more on the hacking and techniques as that really piques my interest.

I really had to SMH at the Spanish/ Latino cat saying "n i g g a" not once but twice for effect. I had to question whether or not to drop the show because I cannot find a valid reason for that to be included in the show. Who was that for? What did they hope to achieve? Was it necessary at all for the artistic vision of the show? My issue is that it is always Blacks who get played and are always the first group as the go to group.

There is something off brand cute about Angela. Her face doesn't have the normal contours or something like that but she's attractive nonetheless. Her boyfriend is funny as hell especially his interaction with ol boy hocking his mixtape. Shoot, ol boy was pretty funny himself even though he's working with the Chinese. Isn't Romero from S1 of Homeland from the favela building.

Aside from the N word nonsense, I'm hooked on this show and hope that it succeeds. I also love how the show's logo resembles the Sega logo.

F90CFD8D-FF12-4B44-B4F22FFF6E594964.jpg

logo-sega-6719f.jpg

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember him from 24 s8..played a terrorist son i think
He was in that Michael Rappaport show like 10 years ago, The War at Home, he played the son's best friend that was gay and in love with him.

The best part of the show, but even then he had that awkward/weird thing down pat.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
He was in that Michael Rappaport show like 10 years ago, The War at Home, he played the son's best friend that was gay and in love with him.

The best part of the show, but even then he had that awkward/weird thing down pat.
And most recently in short term 12(I didn't see need for speed

edit: 2nd ep was OK..kinda silly. am i tripping or is evil corp really their name? :mjlol: thought it was a nickname

"my clothes have cumstains on em" :russ:

this ep felt really dexterish..dude even keeps mementos in a way

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
And most recently in short term 12(I didn't see need for speed

edit: 2nd ep was OK..kinda silly. am i tripping or is evil corp really their name? :mjlol: thought it was a nickname

"my clothes have cumstains on em" :russ:

this ep felt really dexterish..dude even keeps mementos in a way

same thing i was kinda confused about. its a nickname that the dude calls it but as @Dippa1947 reminded me, he just hears the evil in front of it every time its mentioned, hence why that young VP said it at the beginning. i knew it wasnt their actual name but i was confused in the sense that i thought it was an indicator of mind tricks in the plot in conjunction with his mental problems..possibly signifying that a bunch of this shyt isnt really happening. perhaps that was the point since the pilot ended with him questioning if it was real yet leaving the door open for it simply being incredulous to the whole situation he found himself in.

sidenote: i gotta start getting the character names down :lolbron:

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy episode. I dont know if some of the things I see are real or Eliot's hallucination. Did Mr Robot really push him off the railing or is that in his imagination. Those men in black in the Subway. Real or not? etc

"She's got a little bit of Allahu Akbar in her." got a laugh out of me.

I really had to SMH at the Spanish/ Latino cat saying "n i g g a" not once but twice for effect. I had to question whether or not to drop the show because I cannot find a valid reason for that to be included in the show. Who was that for? What did they hope to achieve? Was it necessary at all for the artistic vision of the show? My issue is that it is always Blacks who get played and are always the first group as the go to group.
You considered dropping the show because a spanish guy said nikka? For real?

I didnt see the writer trying to disrespect black people by having Fernando say it. I saw him as painting an accurate portrayal of the manner of speech of many urban people steeped in hip hop culture. And they(black, white, latino, asian) use nikka as synonym with bro, dude, guy etc...

Its cool if youre sensitive to non blacks using the word, but to say that the writer is trying to play blacks is stretching it a lot.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You considered dropping the show because a spanish guy said nikka? For real?

I didnt see the writer trying to disrespect black people by having Fernando say it. I saw him as painting an accurate portrayal of the manner of speech of many urban people steeped in hip hop culture. And they(black, white, latino, asian) use nikka as synonym with bro, dude, guy etc...

Its cool if youre sensitive to non blacks using the word, but to say that the writer is trying to play blacks is stretching it a lot.
Like my OG post stated, it was said (twice) to what end? You see it one way and I definitely see it the other as it added nothing on my end. What changes (the story/ Fernando's character) if Fernando doesn't say it at all? Absolutely nothing. F u c k the reason why non Blacks say it because it's wrong no matter what. Same with Christian Slater saying that ol girl had some Allah Akubar in her. What kind of s h i t is that? Is that an accurate portrayal as well? Why not have him speak Spanish?

You think I'm stretching it but what other group is comparable in this instance? I don't know if you watch GOT, but the Black people in that show get played heavily as well. In "everyone's" favorite TV show, The Wire, a Black character gets called in "N i g g e r" within the first 10 minutes. If I was making it up, them maybe you'd have a point. I'm definitely sensitive to it but it's not like I am imagining it. Black people are the go to group to be disrespected in all manners of life extending to fictional depictions where it's not needed or warranted.