Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The American Psycho character is my comedic favorite. Dude put on latex gloves to engage in a Bumfights remake... fukked a man in the ass so he could install a chip in his phone... came back to the crib and got into the S&M zone with his pregnant wife... got his rival's wife to flash him the coochie on the toilet, post-piss... strangled shorty on the rooftop... all while alternating between English and some Scandinavian language.

Dominican drug dealer had me crying too. My man just got out of jail in a fukking massive prison break, alarms going off and sirens wailing in the background... he has his henchman cap his brother and delivers a 5 minute monologue like he ain't in a prison jumpsuit and don't need to flee the scene ASAP. Meanwhile the bugeyed hacking GAWD stands there for another 5 minutes with a dead body at his feet and another in the trunk of his car like police ain't all over the damn area. Phenomenal comedy.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The American Psycho character is my comedic favorite. Dude put on latex gloves to engage in a Bumfights remake... fukked a man in the ass so he could install a chip in his phone... came back to the crib and got into the S&M zone with his pregnant wife... got his rival's wife to flash him the coochie on the toilet, post-piss... strangled shorty on the rooftop... all while alternating between English and some Scandinavian language.

Dominican drug dealer had me crying too. My man just got out of jail in a fukking massive prison break, alarms going off and sirens wailing in the background... he has his henchman cap his brother and delivers a 5 minute monologue like he ain't in a prison jumpsuit and don't need to flee the scene ASAP. Meanwhile the bugeyed hacking GAWD stands there for another 5 minutes with a dead body at his feet and another in the trunk of his car like police ain't all over the damn area. Phenomenal comedy.
:pachaha:

it's amazing how certain shows don't get the same level of criticisms. the wire season 5 is like "no fukking way he'd be able to pull off that serial killer shyt"... the entire breaking bad is like "man walt would be killed by episode 5"

we got entire platinum threads on bullshyt in movies and tv

but mr. robot comes with this type of silly nonsense and it's like :blessed:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

"Cacs gon cac :manny:"

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha:

it's amazing how certain shows don't get the same level of criticisms. the wire season 5 is like "no fukking way he'd be able to pull off that serial killer shyt"... the entire breaking bad is like "man walt would be killed by episode 5"

we got entire platinum threads on bullshyt in movies and tv

but mr. robot comes with this type of silly nonsense and it's like :blessed:

Well, not to cop pleas for either show, but Robot is a show where the main character talks to the audience and sees, and channels his dead father.

There's a difference between being a grounded show, and being a realistic show.

While Robot is realistic in nature, it's not exactly grounded. There are surrealistic elements to it, so you can forgive things happening that take liberties with whether it could or couldn't happen in real life.

The Wire, on the other hand, is more novelistic in approach, both being real and grounded, so when fukkery happens, it stands out like a sore thumb because nothing before it felt like a reach.

:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Broke my leg and ankle so I suddenly have time to watch shyt. Done run through like 5 documentaries, 10 movies, and now the first season of this.

Watch "Westworld".

Oh and "Legion" starts tomorrow:

Fred.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watch "Westworld".

Oh and "Legion" starts tomorrow:

Fred.

On my list. Used to be obsessed with it way back, when Yul Brenner starred in the movie. Film is mad dated at this point, I'm sure. shyt, it was dated back when I first watched. But Yul had me open, he killed the role. Figure a modern update has to be interesting.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On my list. Used to be obsessed with it way back, when Yul Brenner starred in the movie. Film is mad dated at this point, I'm sure. shyt, it was dated back when I first watched. But Yul had me open, he killed the role. Figure a modern update has to be interesting.

I'm a big fan of the movie too.

The series is heavily influenced by the movie but it tells the story from a different perspective. The series is more about the inner workings of the park, the people that run it, and the ethical dilemmas of "when does an AI become so advanced mistreating a robot is the same as mistreating a human?"

It's a great show. Anthony Hopkins in particular kills it.

Fred.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a big fan of the movie too.

The series is heavily influenced by the movie but it tells the story from a different perspective. The series is more about the inner workings of the park, the people that run it, and the ethical dilemmas of "when does an AI become so advanced mistreating a robot is the same as mistreating a human?"

It's a great show. Anthony Hopkins in particular kills it.

Fred.

Where/how can I track down episodes on the internet?

• Dap
Reactions: hex