Mr. Robot just earned its spot in the top 5 TV shows of all time

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I've only met one other person that has watched Mr. Robot.

I love this show but In no way is this show one of the top 50ish shows ever.

One of the best directed? Maybe. Esmail was on some other shyt with his framing.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

drake-upset.gif

GOD DAMNIT

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I've only met one other person that has watched Mr. Robot.

I love this show but In no way is this show one of the top 50ish shows ever.

One of the best directed? Maybe. Esmail was on some other shyt with his framing.
I met a guy at work a while back who was wearing a Mr. Robot shirt and got hyped :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I loved Mr Robot, was there week in week out from the season premiere but that finale prevents it ever being in the top 5...

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but the ending was weak to me...:yeshrug:
You can tell by the fact that nobody puts it up there on any lists for all time greatest shows... But while it was on, it was routinely on those same lists.

Even in this forum. Not a single rewatch thread or even the old seasons being brought up. Making the big bad of the entire series into a red herring was really dumb.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I loved Mr Robot, was there week in week out from the season premiere but that finale prevents it ever being in the top 5...

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority but the ending was weak to me...:yeshrug:

The revelation was the strongest part of the show. If the would have made that the last episode somehow, a lot of folks would change their minds about it.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The coli thread was pretty fun keeping up every week. It's definitely one of my favorite shows in the last decade I need to rewatch season 4 soon but I really liked the ending :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The twist that the Elliot we followed the entire tv show was one of his many personalities and that by merging them back together they would effectively be killing the version we knew the entire time was the best ending in tv for me.

It felt like a subversion on the “main character must die” trope for prestige tv.

s@n

All Star
Daps
This was another show that suffered from the show runner smelling his own shyt and reading blogs too much. Raimi was always doing interviews on blogs and podcasts ( a la Gilligan and Breaking Bad), and you can tell the writing severely suffered from all that bullshyt

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I just went back through this. For some reason, the ending didn't click for me at all when it actually dropped. I appreciated it a lot more during this second watch through.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
It's overrated :camby:

The directing, cinematography, and acting are top notch but the story is convoluted, ridiculous, and unrealistic. It's also pretentious af with the whole "unreliable narrator", "what's real and what isn't real?", and split personality, Fight Club rip off crap.

:picard:

I'm on my second watch and it's even more :wow:

I only went back to it because everything else out today is basura :manny:

this shyt right here is classic material

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
For me - it has a legit case. I will say that I fux with all the real world fukkery they've done with the ARG as well, so that adds to the appeal for me.

Watching Mr. Robot is like getting the chance to build a Bugatti Veyron by hand. You take your time to look at the whole thing analytically, all pristine and laid out on the floor in front of you:jbhmm:. You appreciate the craftsmanship:ohlawd:, inspect all the moving parts and marvel at the amount of effort that goes into the whole thing.:whoo: You take out a toolbox and get to work. Then you finally finish and get to sit in the driver's seat.like :ahh:, satisfied with the job you've done.:obama: Before going to drive it for the first time, you reach into the glovebox to find the Aux cord and a single screw falls out onto the passenger side floor:merchant:. Then you realise you've got to take the whole thing apart again to find out where the screw was actually supposed to go.:mjcry:

That's pretty much how I've felt watching every episode of this show.:mjlol:

I love it. :pachaha:

you're a real good writer breh :ehh: