MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Tony Atlas sometimes comes off as a country idiot but he came off as the most honest, straight shooter in this doc, like he had no agenda other than giving his blunt opinion. Meltzer came off fair/honest too
The only people who kept it real was Bret, Atlas, Heyman, Meltzer, and Shoemaker.

When they asked everybody what they felt Vince’s legacy was going to be and folks from Austin, Hogan, Booker, Hunter, Cena, and even Taker didn’t know how to answer it. That was quite telling..

Only one told the truth was Tony Atlas and Heyman..

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
I'm past the fourth episode so far. There were some interesting details in the first episode about Vince's early life and his relationship with his Dad, but then it just turned into another generic historical WWE doc. :martin:
The cognitive dissonance that Vince displays throughout this is sending me though
full

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I think the biggest reveal for me was the insight on how Shane fits in all this. He didn't approve of Triple H being with his sister. He actually wanted to be the one who is running WWE. I always thought he just didn't care to do it so they gave it to Steph and by default Triple H. Vince is wrong for that in my book but I'm the oldest child in my fam so maybe that's why. It just doesn't make sense why he would skip over dude like that. Typical boomer shyt because if Vince Sr. did him like that we would not get all the successes he ended up having.

With the sale to Endeavor I truly think the wrestling business is one new disaster/scandle away from wrestling going the way of roller derby. I know it seems far fetched but only a sociopath lunatic like Vince could be the one that could power through insane shyt like steroid trials, wrestlers dying, rapes, etc. A person further removed from the biz would drop that shyt and not look back. That's why he should've kept it in the fam because Nick Khan ain't ruining his life for this shyt. Neither would Ari Emmanuel. At least Rock's on the board though. As a wrestling fan it's just a bit concerning.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Didn’t know those incidents with the reporter and talk show host happened before Mania. Wild how Mania was still a success after that. If it happened today that shyt would likely flop from the bad press. :ohhh:
Showing my age here probably, but I didn't know it was a young Richard "Munch" Belzer from SVU that Hoegan put in that lock :damn:

RIP to him and fukk Hulk Hoegan :mjcry:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only people who kept it real was Bret, Atlas, Heyman, Meltzer, and Shoemaker.

When they asked everybody what they felt Vince’s legacy was going to be and folks from Austin, Hogan, Booker, Hunter, Cena, and even Taker didn’t know how to answer it. That was quite telling..

Only one told the truth was Tony Atlas and Heyman..

Heyman is always in character and I couldn't take Bret still talking about losing the fake match that he wasn't supposed to lose seriously.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I’ve got one episode left. I enjoyed it but the one thing I was expecting was to cover Benoit and the CTE/steroid shyt that followed. They did show brief clips of Benoit and the crime scene at his house but that was it.

Edit: my boy just told me they do cover it

Last edited: