Movies you didn't like initially but grew to appreciate

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I copped Mulholland Drive on DVD on a whim over a decade ago without having seen it before. It literally took me a couple years to finish watching it. I fell asleep the first time, and was so lost as to what the fukk was going on that I could never get even halfway through on repeated viewings after. I finally decided I was gonna finish it regardless and come to find out the shyt was amazing:mjlol:
I haven't watched it since, doe:mjlit:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I copped Mulholland Drive on DVD on a whim over a decade ago without having seen it before. It literally took me a couple years to finish watching it. I fell asleep the first time, and was so lost as to what the fukk was going on that I could never get even halfway through on repeated viewings after. I finally decided I was gonna finish it regardless and come to find out the shyt was amazing:mjlol:
I haven't watched it since, doe:mjlit:
I still dont get that movie, other than it has one of the greatest jumpscares of all time

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I still dont get that movie, other than it has one of the greatest jumpscares of all time
The movie is mostly a dream sequence that recalls how Naomi Watts' character got used by Laura Harring and kills her but replaces the name of the character because shes not at terms with what she did. The jumpscare bum is supposed to be a representation of the ugliness of what she did. A previous Lynch movie Lost Highway does something similar.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Back to the Future 3....was never big on westerns and loved BttF 2 s much I thought going to the old west was some ol bullshyt...plus focusing on Doc...but as a teen/adult I grew to appreciate and love the film....both it's old west setting and overall as a film. Focusing on Doc was dope...and made sense. Also helped me branch out into looking into other westerns and I've grown to like the genre

I still hate it, complete derivative of a derivative :snoop:, With that said, they added nothing. No new car, no new invention, just another hoverboard scene and more of biff....as if that wasn't enough for movies. I do like the stakes were higher for Marty, but after the drama in part 2 (avoiding gang wars, and getting shot by Biff with a revolver), I didn't feel the dread I felt for Marty in the previous films. Christopher Lloyd never phones it in, so I always enjoy his acting. The premise was lame. Doc goes to the west for p*ssy :heh:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Blade Runner was a grower for me. I didn't hate the movie on first watch but I didn't understand why it was so heralded. But something kept me coming back to it and rewatched it often over the years and it grew into one of my favorite scifi films... And I actually like 2049 better.

Agreed this is the classic movie I had to rewatch a few times to "get." Third time I was :ohhh:

A few comedies I didn't get because teh humor was so weird

The Other Men
Napolean Dynomite: "I caught you a delicious bass"
Year One: "I'll take that kiss now"

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I still hate it, complete derivative of a derivative :snoop:, With that said, they added nothing. No new car, no new invention, just another hoverboard scene and more of biff....as if that wasn't enough for movies. I do like the stakes were higher for Marty, but after the drama in part 2 (avoiding gang wars, and getting shot by Biff with a revolver), I didn't feel the dread I felt for Marty in the previous films. Christopher Lloyd never phones it in, so I always enjoy his acting. The premise was lame. Doc goes to the west for p*ssy :heh:

:mjcry:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I always felt that the movie would've been much better if it was the 2nd movie and not the 3rd. The 2nd movie is so good that it just makes the 3rd movie look like trash in comparison, when in reality it would've been just a good, fun movie otherwise.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I loved TMNT 2 and 3 as a kid

Doubt I could sit thru it now

As a kid I preferred the predator over aliens but thats reversed now

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I always felt that the movie would've been much better if it was the 2nd movie and not the 3rd. The 2nd movie is so good that it just makes the 3rd movie look like trash in comparison, when in reality it would've been just a good, fun movie otherwise.

It was too derivative. Audiences really didn't care to go back to the past (that far). Both 1 & 2 handled the people who wanted something retro and the technophiles who wanted something cool like a hover board. Then there's that deconstructive ending with the Dolorean dying and Doc making a time traveling train....so basically, Doc has a fetish for the 1800's, scraps his ideas for passing on the car to Marty and marries a thot from the wild west. The movie wasn't funny, and or endearing. Honestly should've just had two films. Or made the third about Doc dying and Marty taking over with time traveling...far more endearing that way.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ghost in the Shell.

I was young when I first watch it and was expecting an action movie. I enjoyed it the second time around though. I still like the TV series more though.