Movie cliches/subplots you hate

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Woman having an a$$hole boyfriend/fiance
And she starts to fall for the main character. And we're supposed to be cool with this No Good bytch flirting and playing lil cutezy games with him just because her boyfriend is a prick...

No bytch. U still a hoe lol

Last edited:

TDT

All Star
Daps
Any"very special episode"of a sitcom where some random character(usually of a different race) is told to "go back to Africa/Mexico/China/wherever"then does something towards the end where the racist has a change of heart"You know,youre not so bad after all..":shaq:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Watching the Scream remake and these popped up:

Taking a weird/suspicious call with someone you don’t know and is clearly doing a strange voice but legit having the convo for a good 6 mins before you get “scared”/think something is wrong

Advanced technology to easily lock your house doors, but they’re unlocked…

Meta-movies where they reference contemporary movies/same genres plots etc esp gtfo

Sloppy backstories/origins:
  1. Jason drowned at 12 and is “undead”-why is he 6 feet? How tf did he grow?
  2. Michael Myers has a human family but somehow not human, survives bullets, freezing, stabbing, fire
  3. It’s Pennywise being so menacing but goes away because of mean words :mjlol: trash ending
Im full of viewer RAGE

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
The killer always being the random semi-acquainted character who’s “interested” in the case

That whole era/genre of middle aged unattractive white men who were making the SAME movie repeatedly (Ben Stiller, John C Reilly, Will Ferrell are legends but made way too many of the same shyt). Then the new gen of Paul Rudd Judd Apatow Seth Rogen, ugh
Glad Steve Carrell hit success with his projects but bowed out when he felt like it instead of killing his appeal

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The sisters that don't get along over some petty shyt that go at each other all movie then hug it out at the end. Usually have one that is a successful career woman that holds the family down financially and the other is the housewife that looks out for the surviving parent (because one is always dead :pachaha:)

See:
Soul Food
This Christmas
Almost Christmas

TDT

All Star
Daps
War-themed films

One soldier in the squad,during a scene where they're on r & r leave,shows the lead character(s) a photo:
"Is that your wife/girlfriend/family..?"

"Yeah..we just had twins before i shipped out..going to be a full-time dad once my tour is done."

Two or three scenes later during the big battle,guess who's the first one that gets lit up :deadrose:

Superstar
Daps
hacker-im.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Gotta find some special component to a weapon that can stop some catastrophe from happening :camby:

Or worse, the old "GI Joe Weather Dominator" plot line, where the "superweapon" is scattered around in pieces all around the world/universe and there's a race to get to each piece before the bad guy.

It's actually what turned me off of the MCU early on, the quest for each individual Infinity Stone just seemed like a really extended broken up McGuffin assembly quest. I didn't warm up to the MCU again until "Phase 3".

But it REALLY pissed me off when I saw "The Justice League" doing the SAME THING.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
The thug/hardened gangster with trust issues who keeps having close encounters and old haunts/people trying him that threaten to send him back to prison. Apology tour, “that was the old me”s etc abound. Some fam member or youngin he tryna keep from the same path

Towards the end of the film, He’s got a child on the way and turns his life around *motivated by College Kid TM only to be killed by an old rival, a relative of a victim or: getting caught after his absolute last lick/favor- or killed tryna save the aforementioned youngin or college kid

I don’t *hate it but it’s done the same nearly exact sequence and scenario

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Major family strife that’s not explicitly resolved but somehow culminates in *Diabetes-inducing Dinner

Honey baked Ham cures cousin screwing someone’s husband/wife