Most games showed on PS5 ran at 30fps

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Phil Spencer wants Xbox Series X to focus on frame rate over resolution | GamesRadar+

Phil Spencer wants the Xbox Series X to feel as good as it looks. Speaking with Stevivor, the Xbox head said he'd prefer to play games that have higher frame rates over those with a larger resolution.

Even though both the Xbox Series X and the PS5 are promising 8K resolutions, Spencer has a very clear preference in the battle of pixels over frame rate. "The feel of games [is] definitely something that we wanted to have more focus on, not just throwing more pixels up on the screen," Spencer says. "We've never really tried to limit what developers are trying to do on our platform, whether it's 60 frames per second on Xbox 360 or people doing 4K, 60 [frames per second] now on Xbox One X."

Spencer goes on to say that Microsoft is focusing on giving developers the tools to try things out on any of its platforms and to feel supported by the hardware's capabilities. However, he points out that current-gen consoles are limited by underpowered CPUs, something he's looking to avoid with the Xbox Series X. "I think we've reached a point with Xbox One X in the generation where games look amazing, and there's always work we can do to look more amazing. But I want games to feel as amazing as they look. We don't have that in today's generations, mainly because the CPU is underpowered relative to the GPU that's in the box..."

This a refreshing and reassuring take from the head of Xbox, as 8K resolution is a controversial topic in the community. Sure, 8K would be a major step up graphically when compared to 4K, but if the frame rate plummets or frequently dips, it won't feel better to play. Plus, how many people will even own 8K TVs or monitors by the time the next-gen consoles come out? Hopefully Spencer and Microsoft's stance on next-gen graphics ensures we get games that feel as good as they look.

My hope is that things like Variable Rate Shading and Machine Learning helps tremendously here.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Do people not understand that consoles are always gonna be limited?!?:what: these are not high end pc's...

Unless the console makers themselves create graphics cards for cheap that blows the PC's out the water PC will always have stronger graphics...:what:

/// END THREAD

Every console game going forward should have at least have graphic options.

It’s amazing how many graphic options are hidden in the switch version of the Witcher 3.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Every console game going forward should have at least have graphic options.

It’s amazing how many graphic options are hidden in the switch version of the Witcher 3.

I'm at the point where I'm like graphics dont matter, how's the gameplay, the story, is it fun, how's the mechanics, how does it feel??? I mean graphics is cool and all but these machines and games are always gonna have limitations it's fukking annoying we have the same thread every other year when a new console drops...:beli: like damn we get it already...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The info under the video clearly says 1440p lmao just because youtube video has a 4k viewing options doesn't mean the video is native 4k or the game that was recorded was rendered in 4k, these cards can't do 4k 60 except on old games, period, stop it with this nonsense

damn yall idiots, I actually have a PC did you even watch the video

the first game you can clearly see in the settings he has it at 2k lmao

believe I got the 1080ti when it was first released and played everything in 4k 60 except the Witcher 3 which was stuck in the 50s even on low settings

Final Fantasy XV also can't do 4k 60 with any of these cards you need the 2080ti

ain't no damn Assassin's Creed game running a 4k 60fps, those are horrible ports lmao
You dont have a gaming PC.

you cant load up a game right now and play.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
lUOL6qH.gif

giphy.gif

but but but SSD. imagine going from 1440p and 144hz to 30fps 4k:russ:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Going by the specs 60fps should be easier to achieve on Xbox though. I can deal with slightly longer loading times for smoother overall performance.
You actually believe this? The xsx would have to be twice as powerful for that to happen.

Do people not understand that consoles are always gonna be limited?!?:what: these are not high end pc's...

Unless the console makers themselves create graphics cards for cheap that blows the PC's out the water PC will always have stronger graphics...:what:

/// END THREAD
It's not necessarily about consoles being limited. It's about developers choosing more visual splendor over higher framerate. 60fps will never be the standard.