Mortal Kombat 20th Anniversary Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Since there seems to be a lot of love in the film room for this flick and since I'm up early, can't get back to sleep and need to start working eventually, figured it'd be time to celebrate what is, in my opinion and probably the opinion of others, the best video game adaptation for a live action movie. Props to @detroitwalt for posting the THR article earlier this week. Didn't know the movie was number 1 for three straight weeks:ohhh:

'Mortal Kombat' Movie Oral History: The Untold Story

Great read. Paul W.S. Anderson also reveals that he wishes he would've stayed on to direct the 2nd one (as do I) and that one regret is the reason he keeps doing Resident Evil movies. So whether you hate those flicks or love them, you've got Mortal Kombat to thank for it:russ:

I love this movie, straight up. I can put it on any time of day and just sit and watch it like I've never seen it:banderas:

First time seeing Scorpion and Sub Zero:banderas:

Also, Sonja Blade:takedat:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yep , I remember seeing this in the theaters. Movie was hyped up big time. Aside from some bad acting it was a good watch. I haven't seen it in a long time. They used to play the theme song on the radio back when it dropped.

Christopher Lambert as Raiden always bothered me, he's such a shytty actor :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep , I remember seeing this in the theaters. Movie was hyped up big time. Aside from some bad acting it was a good watch. I haven't seen it in a long time. They used to play the theme song on the radio back when it dropped.

Christopher Lambert as Raiden always bothered me, he's such a shytty actor :mjlol:

I feel like he did a good job breh. Mostly because they didn't ask him to do much :deadmanny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I feel like he did a good job breh. Mostly because they didn't ask him to do much :deadmanny:
Just his terrible accent. :dead: I was watching highlander, high, not too long ago and dude had me rolling. :dead:

But yeah when MK dropped me and my best homie were at the first viewing like at 10am. Went straight to the arcade to smash on some MKII after wards. The good old days.