Mortal Kombat 11 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn copped Ultimate and Aftermath for about 16 bucks on the PS Store the other day. Might never even play this game again but fukk it. :lolbron:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still see people upset about Sindel. MK11 is the first game where she was restored to her original state. People mad that she turned out to be evil and ruthless all along and not the loving mother who committed suicide to free herself of Shao Kahn.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last thoughts on the game:

Favorite character- Noob Saibot: I love what they did with him in regard to design and move set. IMO, MK11 is his best appearance since UMK3. I didn't like the fact that he was a funky in story mode. Honorable mention: Rain. MK11 was also his best since UMK3. I would've liked to see him in story mode and them give him his MKX skin minus the bun.

Least favorite character: Scorpion. This was his best design. It's like his MK1 design with a lot more detail. The best design he's had. He's my least favorite because EVERYBODY picks him and most use him in the cheapest ways possible. Honorable mentions: Sub Zero and Kung Lao. Sub Zero had some of the worst skins until they brought his MK Deception grand Master skin back. Like Scorpion, many pick him and use him in the cheapest ways. Kung Lao got his swag back in this game in terms of design and what they did with his character overall. Cheap players abused him though.

Favorite stage: Shang Tsung's Island and Kronika's Keep.

Least favorite stage: The Hourglass

Best Villain: Shang Tsung. MK Aftermath proved Shang Tsung to be the best villain the series has seen. He created the highly coveted crown of souls, obtained by outsmarting and staying clever up until the last minute and straight up betrays everybody. Honorable mention: Sindel

Best hero: Fire god Liu Kang. Again, even if his ending isn't canon, the way he sacrificed everyone to catch Shang Tsung off guard was dope. Honorable mention: Fujin

Most underrated: Jacqui Briggs. She was able to obtain the crown and face off against Cetrion in MK11. She had some dope moves, but a little difficult gameplay wise.

Biggest shocker: Jade and Kotal being a thing. Jade is my favorite female in the game, but I wish they would stop making her lackey and put her front and center. Kotal was too weak for her.

Wasted Potential:

Geras- one of the more original characters in the game and he kept getting owned

Dark Raiden- They didn't do much of anything with him outside of the opening scenes of story mode.

Revenant Liu Kang- looked like was set up to be the main antagonist in this game, but nothing

Revenant Kitana- Could we at least have gotten her to take out Shao Kahn or Sindel or perhaps both.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I still see people upset about Sindel. MK11 is the first game where she was restored to her original state. People mad that she turned out to be evil and ruthless all along and not the loving mother who committed suicide to free herself of Shao Kahn.
Wrong, She was clearly rewritten because Boon wanted a twist.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrong, She was clearly rewritten because Boon wanted a twist.

The actual twist was what they wrote for her in MK9. In MK3, they had her ruling Out world by Kahn's side. They made her an ally to Earth in MK Deception after Kahn's demise in MK Deadly Alliance. In MK9, they gave us the story about her sacrificing herself. Either way, all of her appearances in those games were as a resurrected corpse (complete with white eyes). MK11 is the first time she wasever in a game as herself with clear eyes.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The actual twist was what they wrote for her in MK9. In MK3, they had her ruling Out world by Kahn's side. They made her an ally to Earth in MK Deception after Kahn's demise in MK Deadly Alliance. In MK9, they gave us the story about her sacrificing herself. Either way, all of her appearances in those games were as a resurrected corpse (complete with white eyes). MK11 is the first time she wasever in a game as herself with clear eyes.
Her suicide was part of her backstory when she debuted in MK3, it was Tobias that wrote these stories that Boon ended up changing when Tobias left after MK4.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her suicide was part of her backstory when she debuted in MK3, it was Tobias that wrote these stories that Boon ended up changing when Tobias left after MK4.

I get that, but much of that was based on her ending in MK3. We know those, or at least parts of endings don't always end up Canon. But here's an article with input from both Boon and Tobias pretty much confirming that Sindel was evil before she was reincarnated:

6gsqawvh52741.jpg

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I get that, but much of that was based on her ending in MK3. We know those, or at least parts of endings don't always end up Canon. But here's an article with input from both Boon and Tobias pretty much confirming that Sindel was evil before she was reincarnated:

6gsqawvh52741.jpg

Can you link me to this whole thing?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Last thoughts on the game:

Favorite character- Noob Saibot: I love what they did with him in regard to design and move set. IMO, MK11 is his best appearance since UMK3. I didn't like the fact that he was a funky in story mode. Honorable mention: Rain. MK11 was also his best since UMK3. I would've liked to see him in story mode and them give him his MKX skin minus the bun.

Least favorite character: Scorpion. This was his best design. It's like his MK1 design with a lot more detail. The best design he's had. He's my least favorite because EVERYBODY picks him and most use him in the cheapest ways possible. Honorable mentions: Sub Zero and Kung Lao. Sub Zero had some of the worst skins until they brought his MK Deception grand Master skin back. Like Scorpion, many pick him and use him in the cheapest ways. Kung Lao got his swag back in this game in terms of design and what they did with his character overall. Cheap players abused him though.

Favorite stage: Shang Tsung's Island and Kronika's Keep.

Least favorite stage: The Hourglass

Best Villain: Shang Tsung. MK Aftermath proved Shang Tsung to be the best villain the series has seen. He created the highly coveted crown of souls, obtained by outsmarting and staying clever up until the last minute and straight up betrays everybody. Honorable mention: Sindel

Best hero: Fire god Liu Kang. Again, even if his ending isn't canon, the way he sacrificed everyone to catch Shang Tsung off guard was dope. Honorable mention: Fujin

Most underrated: Jacqui Briggs. She was able to obtain the crown and face off against Cetrion in MK11. She had some dope moves, but a little difficult gameplay wise.

Biggest shocker: Jade and Kotal being a thing. Jade is my favorite female in the game, but I wish they would stop making her lackey and put her front and center. Kotal was too weak for her.

Wasted Potential:

Geras- one of the more original characters in the game and he kept getting owned

Dark Raiden- They didn't do much of anything with him outside of the opening scenes of story mode.

Revenant Liu Kang- looked like was set up to be the main antagonist in this game, but nothing

Revenant Kitana- Could we at least have gotten her to take out Shao Kahn or Sindel or perhaps both.

Excellent breakdown, couldve posted this myself :salute: