Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Oh you right, I didn't know nikkas could make entire subreddits private. What they do that for?

You right I did downplay their efforts that was petty, but my actual point was just that that have an archaic way of approaching games in general. Yes, they work hard at doing what they do but they aren't willing to change the FIGHTING GAME formula of what's been proven to work for over 30 years now. The consumer is fine with it because you yourself can't figure out what else they can do with the genre other than what's been working but see you're not supposed to, that's literally what you're paying them for :martin:

Capcom said you know what fukk it let's make a mode where you can explore the open world challenging anybody willing and able to throw them bytches and go from there. Yall gonna continue to pretend like that's not shyt?

MK introduced "story mode" in fighting games by adding lengthy cut scenes between regular versus matches. That was cute in 2011 but excuse me if I'm not impressed by the same recipe being served for over a decade now. salute to Street fighter for taking risks, I'll be buying it around Christmas for the low. MK I'll probably still buy day 1 because I'm a disgruntled stan, but I don't have to be happy about it cotdamnit
Son MK Deception had a mode where u can walk around like how they do in SF6. Not to mention games like Shaolin Monks. And this is the first time SF switched shyt up in how long? MK’s replay value for casual gamers has been batter than pretty much any other fighter for years now.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there are 24 characters total on the base roster. These are who I think will make up the remaining characters:

- Goro
- Fujin
- Kai
- Reptile
- Nitara
- Li Mei
- Tanya
- Jade
- Havik
- Ashrah
- Hotaru
- Reiko
- Sindel
- Rain

I don't think Special Forces will have a presence in this game though I could be wrong. I think Goro is pretty much confirmed. He has a brand new design as a cameo fighter.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Son MK Deception had a mode where u can walk around like how they do in SF6. Not to mention games like Shaolin Monks. And this is the first time SF switched shyt up in how long? MK’s replay value for casual gamers has been batter than pretty much any other fighter for years now.
That mode was great for its time, long live Shujinko. That was 2004. It's been 19 years son, these dudes haven't taken those types of chances in a long time. Then you mention a spin-off from the mainline they charged $60 for which only proved my point. Call of Duty, Madden, 2K Sports games, and now Street Fighter are now offering a multitude of gaming experiences in one game which was once something these developers used to break down the pack and charge full price for each game mode. You arguing with this is literally arguing against your best interest.

Stop being a sheep and think for yourself. It's okay to be critical of something you enjoy if you're paying for the service.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know there's speculation that Shang Tsung isn't the "big bad" of this game and some are pointing towards Onaga. But there are reveals via some of the dialog from gameplay that the Sub Zero in this game is the original MK1 Sub Zero. The dialog also reveals that he is not only up to his old tricks, but is somewhat a threat to Liu Kang's peaceful universe. That said, if he eventually becomes Noob Saibot in the story of this game, it is quite possible that we could see Noob Saibot as the "big bad". That would be dope considering, he was a henchman working on the orders of Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kronika, and Shao Kahn.

UMK3 set him up to play an important role in MK4, but he was pushed to the background even though he played an important role in the events that led up to MK4. He even had a full game to himself (Sub Zero Mythologies).

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there are 24 characters total on the base roster. These are who I think will make up the remaining characters:

- Goro
- Fujin
- Kai
- Reptile
- Nitara
- Li Mei
- Tanya
- Jade
- Havik
- Ashrah
- Hotaru
- Reiko
- Sindel
- Rain

I don't think Special Forces will have a presence in this game though I could be wrong. I think Goro is pretty much confirmed. He has a brand new design as a cameo fighter.
Not enough Trilogy characters. I don't think they have the balls to put out a roster without at least the main roster from the first 2 games.
I know there's speculation that Shang Tsung isn't the "big bad" of this game and some are pointing towards Onaga. But there are reveals via some of the dialog from gameplay that the Sub Zero in this game is the original MK1 Sub Zero. The dialog also reveals that he is not only up to his old tricks, but is somewhat a threat to Liu Kang's peaceful universe. That said, if he eventually becomes Noob Saibot in the story of this game, it is quite possible that we could see Noob Saibot as the "big bad". That would be dope considering, he was a henchman working on the orders of Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kronika, and Shao Kahn.

UMK3 set him up to play an important role in MK4, but he was pushed to the background even though he played an important role in the events that led up to MK4. He even had a full game to himself (Sub Zero Mythologies).

@ 6:20 Ed mentions that Liu Kang is the only one with knowledge of the previous timeline so he's gonna try to stop Shang Tsung from doing something because he knows what the outcome will be. He also kind of slips up and mentions something about "two people teaming up."

Quan Chi was also leaked as DLC so we'll probably see the Deadly Alliance return with that leading to Onaga's revival.:mjgrin:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Possible main roster plus Kameos.:lupe:
g3o0yadvyn5b1.jpg
So they're finally giving respect to the 3D era.:ohhh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You right I did downplay their efforts that was petty, but my actual point was just that that have an archaic way of approaching games in general. Yes, they work hard at doing what they do but they aren't willing to change the FIGHTING GAME formula of what's been proven to work for over 30 years now. The consumer is fine with it because you yourself can't figure out what else they can do with the genre other than what's been working but see you're not supposed to, that's literally what you're paying them for :martin:
You're still downplaying their efforts breh. What other fighting game series has went through as many evolutions as Mortal kombat?

MK9, X, and 11 all played like vastly different games, even down to the characters having unique movesets for each game. Compare that to other games where characters have been basically carrying over the same moveset game to game. Nobody changes their formula as much as NRS.
Capcom said you know what fukk it let's make a mode where you can explore the open world challenging anybody willing and able to throw them bytches and go from there. Yall gonna continue to pretend like that's not shyt?
SF6 is a great game, but it took them how long to release a SF game with more than the basic arcade, vs , training, and online modes? For a long time NRS was the only fighting game developer putting together games with enough content to convince casuals to buy them. It good that capcom is finally doing the same with street fighter.

Daps
shytty MK intros/Face offs

1684cf8bad05b7459d7da2bebb28b119390ef78f.gifv

060018f6f5d9df704686ff8d10a26bb9b96cb7f4.gifv

VS Godlike Street Fighter 6 intros/Faceoffs

street_fighter_6-faces.gif

GOOD Animations and great character design...

f26.gif

jamie-streetfighter-throw.gif

sf6-luke.gif

VS BAD Animations and poor character design!!

ezgif-3-fae6fa59ac.gif

Hard to believe but I used to prefer MK to SF. I grew up on that shyt but I can't keep making excuses for them. They sell 10s of millions of copies and can't fix animations. Zero interesting new ideas.

Let's keep it a buck, as a resident Coli male feminist you love SF6 because you finally feel represented

Street-Fighter-6-Review-2-1024x576.jpg

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ: Why can’t bruhs just be happy. That fighting games are alive and well. And that Tekken, SF, and MK. Are all releasing in the same year lol. If it’s not console wars, then it’s downplaying another franchise.

Last edited:

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
shytty MK intros/Face offs

1684cf8bad05b7459d7da2bebb28b119390ef78f.gifv

060018f6f5d9df704686ff8d10a26bb9b96cb7f4.gifv

VS Godlike Street Fighter 6 intros/Faceoffs

street_fighter_6-faces.gif

GOOD Animations and great character design...

f26.gif

jamie-streetfighter-throw.gif

sf6-luke.gif

VS BAD Animations and poor character design!!

ezgif-3-fae6fa59ac.gif

Let's keep it a buck, as a resident Coli male feminist you love SF6 because you finally feel represented

Street-Fighter-6-Review-2-1024x576.jpg
Stfu and go back to tlr to cry about divest hoes you don't even know.