Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And I can't fully say this isn't more on WB and the people uptop but of course NRS would be the ones to fall on the sword
Well it affects NRS. I personally think Ed wants to give fans a good game and I'm sure WBD doesn't give a shyt to add resources they just want profit. NRS is gonna take the heat so they should try to do something to mitigate the issue. But then again I'm sure they're hamstrung in some ways.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
And I can't fully say this isn't more on WB and the people uptop but of course NRS would be the ones to fall on the sword
WB shares blame, but Ed has been doing fukk shyt since MKX. He only brings back half the revenants in X, and then the other half in 11 at the expense of most of the ninjas. Then this new roster is comprised of 3D era characters, that represent a period he admitted he didn't care for. MK1 is the first MK game that I've ever uninstalled. I'll reinstall it when new seasons drop, but 126gb is too much space for a game I'm not really enjoying.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WB shares blame, but Ed has been doing fukk shyt since MKX. He only brings back half the revenants in X, and then the other half in 11 at the expense of most of the ninjas. Then this new roster is comprised of 3D era characters, that represent a period he admitted he didn't care for. MK1 is the first MK game that I've ever uninstalled. I'll reinstall it when new seasons drop, but 126gb is too much space for a game I'm not really enjoying.

There are things that they did well in MK1. I think the roster is one of the game's best. Yes, Boon, has admitted he wasn't a fan of the 3D games, but he didn't say that about the characters. Where this game misses from a Boon/NRS persepective is they tried to pack Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon into one game. It didn't feel fully developed/fleshed out. There's game features that weren't available at launch that makes the game feel rushed.

WB just completely made it worse because we are being charged for items that we shouldn't be charged for i.e. fatalities.

From what I'm seeing, it's going to get worse especially future Kombat Packs and possible expansions.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
There are things that they did well in MK1. I think the roster is one of the game's best. Yes, Boon, has admitted he wasn't a fan of the 3D games, but he didn't say that about the characters. Where this game misses from a Boon/NRS persepective is they tried to pack Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon into one game. It didn't feel fully developed/fleshed out. There's game features that weren't available at launch that makes the game feel rushed.

WB just completely made it worse because we are being charged for items that we shouldn't be charged for i.e. fatalities.

From what I'm seeing, it's going to get worse especially future Kombat Packs and possible expansions.
Capitalism ruins games.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing against Omni Man is basically defending against the pop up that starts the one or two combo strings that most Omni Man players know.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Playing against Omni Man is basically defending against the pop up that starts the one or two combo strings that most Omni Man players know.

It’s weird because most of his frame especially on specials are bad and punishable. But a lot of his shyt is fast as fukk(to me, the Superman overhand I always get caught especially with the kung Lao kameo) or just has a lot of pushback. His strings are all safe. I fukking hate him. Maybe because I see him way too much but he’s annoying to play and his air combos/stance are getting old to look at

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

One of the main problems with MK right now is the writing. Making Kuai Scorpion was a dumbass decision that makes no sense, and they're giving him Hanzo's entire life as well. The multiverse was also a lazy attempt at trying to justify the new direction. It's not just the microtransactions and DLC that's hurting this game, it's that this doesn't really feel like a MK game. It has some good stuff in it and we've seen games turn things around, but this game doesn't have the same hype MK9 & MK11 had.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These prices for add-on items are such bulllshyt after you paid for a $120 premium edition and they still cost you ridiculous prices. They turned into NBA 2K. Damn, this gonna be all games too when come to microtransactions in the video game industry. These scammers greedy ass want $$$