Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see more people saying the same things.

Pretty much where I'm at with the game. At this rate, Towers of Time>>> Invasions Mode. It is essentially the same concept without the map and cheesy ambush and secret fights. They could've made the secret fights worthwhile, if they were actually secret fights like the old MK games. For example, Jade was a secret fight in MK2. I think Smoke and Noob were too. They weren't playable, but those were dope hidden fights.

The regular towers could use some creativity too. I mean, they revived the Deadly Alliance, why not rotate the deadly alliance as boss characters. And boss characters are kind of supposed to be OP. They could've made them more of a challenge. What happened to sub bosses? It's a lot they could've done with regular Shang Tsung or regular Havik or even General Shao in that regard.

Secret Characters- too much focus on DLC and secret characters have been largely ignored. Not saying do away with DLC, but instead of putting chracters in a Kombat Pack, why not have players unlock secret characters in various modes of the game. How dope would it be to unlock a Jax or a Sonya?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Pretty much where I'm at with the game. At this rate, Towers of Time>>> Invasions Mode. It is essentially the same concept without the map and cheesy ambush and secret fights. They could've made the secret fights worthwhile, if they were actually secret fights like the old MK games. For example, Jade was a secret fight in MK2. I think Smoke and Noob were too. They weren't playable, but those were dope hidden fights.

The regular towers could use some creativity too. I mean, they revived the Deadly Alliance, why not rotate the deadly alliance as boss characters. And boss characters are kind of supposed to be OP. They could've made them more of a challenge. What happened to sub bosses? It's a lot they could've done with regular Shang Tsung or regular Havik or even General Shao in that regard.

Secret Characters- too much focus on DLC and secret characters have been largely ignored. Not saying do away with DLC, but instead of putting chracters in a Kombat Pack, why not have players unlock secret characters in various modes of the game. How dope would it be to unlock a Jax or a Sonya?
The character towers at least let you know what you were getting. Also stuff like test your might should be a mode outside of invasions. I still like the game, but this is the fastest I've ever stopped playing an MK game.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
One of the improvements they could make to Kombat League is allowing both players to change characters between matches. That annoyed me even in MK11. You win a match, but the loser gets to choose another character. With MK1, you have to pick a "team" before you're even matched up. Then you can only change Kameo fighters.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how people are able to change palettes between matches. Same character, but different palette.
Every fighting game tournament works like this

It's a nod to fighting game arcade cabinets letting the winner stay on the sticks

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Johnny. I played him to death. Them taking his Force ball fukked me up.

Yeah, I don't know why they taking his force ball but again in the timeline, he probably didn't know how to use it or haven't learned it yet until years later, probably on new MK2

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yeah, I don't know why they taking his force ball but again in the timeline, he probably didn't know how to use it or haven't learned it yet until years later, probably on new MK2
Either way I'm probably gonna main Liu Kang or Scorpion. Leaning more toward Liu, tried Geras but he's a little too slow for me

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
They took it away because he would be absolutely broken if he had it. He’s already the consensus #1 best fighter

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's still weird seeing Liu Kang as a zoner, I'm so used to him being rushdown except for Duelist in MKX

He’s always had good fireballs that cover the whole screen. They kinda just OD it in this game with those and the whole dragon fire thing. He’s a nightmare to deal with since most people play him lame af cause he really doesn’t have any true mixups that’s safe

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I see more people saying the same things.

My gripes
Ex moves look the same as regular specials.

Movement isn't big enough

Fatalities are a little uninspired. Midtalities.

The whole roster seem like friends minus Shang and scrub zero