Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We'll agree to disagree. All twists are not good twists, and all lore is not necessarily interesting lore. They implemented all the PS2 lore of MK in this game haphazardly IMO, they had elements of Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon, and that's fine, but they rushed it and brushed through it all.
The multiverse element
, while it is not something new to MK in particular, is played out and is a bit of a cop out. They didn't do anything interesting that was explored in detail in this new timeline, and instead of actually making the ninja/special forces storyline less of a filler arc to the overall story, they retold the ninja arc nearly the same exact way and then removed the special forces storyline entirely.

The twists MK9 DID have, such as the sindel situation and Liu Kang/Raiden fight, were well implemented and logical. They didn't feel like asspulls or far fetched, like the reveal in this story. It was ridiculous and made everyone collectively hit the :snoop: , as seen in this thread.

The Sindel thing in MK9 wasn't a twist at all. And that whole Sindel story arc was rushed because they never fleshed out why Sindel was even necessary in MK9. We see Sindel resurrected, given Shang Tsung's power, and then an invasion. We don't see why she was necessary to lift the ward that protected Earth Realm from Shao Khan. We aren't even given anything about her past in the story. She only shares a few moments (moments where she is disappointed in Kitana) with Kitana. We couldn't even get Kitana having flashbacks of Sindel.

My point is the Sindel arc in MK9 was just as ridiculous as the conclusion of MK1. It serves a means to an end. Sindel was just as rushed and wasn't necessary. They could have had a number of villains get that Shang Tsung power buff from Shao Khan and wipe out the roster.

MK1 gives us a backstory and motives as to why each character is there. We didn't get that in MK9. All of these characters in MK1 drive the story. Mileena in MK11 has a purpose. In MK9, she was just a savage clone of Kitana. We are given who statted the MK tournament. An expansion on Sindel and Jerrod.

We don't have Liu Kang running around consulting elder gods and none of his champions senselessly fall.

And no twist in MK9 could top the Damashi bombshell.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Cage can get triple hype combos using Cyrax net. People using him for the chip damage combo extensions when there is more

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
how you labbed every character/kameo mastered everybody? :dead:

Huh? I’m talking about the lack of content and the fact that online is just a raiden/smoke/baraka with Sareena/Cyrax fest. Sareena needs a nerf now. She is carrying a lot of bum players. And the fact she has better zoning than characters like Rain is a problem

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Huh? I’m talking about the lack of content and the fact that online is just a raiden/smoke/baraka with Sareena/Cyrax fest. Sareena needs a nerf now. She is carrying a lot of bum players. And the fact she has better zoning than characters like Rain is a problem
She doesn't need a nerf the projectile has a gap down 3 or armor right through it

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
She doesn't need a nerf the projectile has a gap down 3 or armor right through it

I don’t want to blow armor all the time especially considering how fast her meter regens. If you punish her, the projectiles should just disappear not boomerang back and interrupt your combo

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I don’t want to blow armor all the time especially considering how fast her meter regens. If you punish her, the projectiles should just disappear not boomerang back and interrupt your combo
down 3 or 4 plus12 to 15 on hit. You hit her she can't be used again instantly there are kameos that are much better than her. She's just beginner friendly. If they do nerf her just lower the damage output in double projectile combos