Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nah, MK9 was great for retelling the events of MK1-MK3. It was a nice linear story that was freat to see play out better than the movies. It really didn't offer much in the way of any twists. This story had twists and they brought some of the lore to the forefront that was just in the background in every other game. Both the heroes and villains were represented well in this story. Each of them had a reason to fight whereas the previous stories, a lot of characters were just there with no real motivation. They basically were what the cameo characters were in this story.
We'll agree to disagree. All twists are not good twists, and all lore is not necessarily interesting lore. They implemented all the PS2 lore of MK in this game haphazardly IMO, they had elements of Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon, and that's fine, but they rushed it and brushed through it all.
The multiverse element
, while it is not something new to MK in particular, is played out and is a bit of a cop out. They didn't do anything interesting that was explored in detail in this new timeline, and instead of actually making the ninja/special forces storyline less of a filler arc to the overall story, they retold the ninja arc nearly the same exact way and then removed the special forces storyline entirely.

The twists MK9 DID have, such as the sindel situation and Liu Kang/Raiden fight, were well implemented and logical. They didn't feel like asspulls or far fetched, like the reveal in this story. It was ridiculous and made everyone collectively hit the :snoop: , as seen in this thread.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Was it me or was the final battle easy as shyt compared to Kronika in the last one? I lost to Kronika a few times until I figured it out while for this I ran through it easy