Morgan State signs education collaboration agreement with Nigeria

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That's cool and all......but what about the Black American students.

Is Nigeria going to help out the Black American students, so they can travel to Nigeria and learn.....it should be a two way street, where each side helps one another

Idk if the Nigerian gov't has something explicit, but Universities will often have school to school exchanges. An issue you'll find is that the standard of Nigerian university isn't up to part to what you'd find here in the states. Humanities is a slightly different story, however.

Like Morgan State is a good school no doubt, but no one would say the school is elite in anyway shape or form. However, you take MSU to Nigeria and just in terms of facilities, it'd be top tier, if not even the best university bar none.

I know some Howard kids that had an exchange program with the University of Ghana so there's that.

Last edited:
Daps

Is Nigeria going to help out the Black American students, so they can travel to Nigeria and learn.....it should be a two way street, where each side helps one another

This does help Black American students by helping keep MSU afloat since Black Americans are its number 1 targeted demographics. All U.S. schools (not just HBCUs) love international students cuz they pay in full. HBCUs have it particularly rough since its target demographic is also the least equipped to pay for education. Deals like this help enable the school to divert more money to helping the Black American students who attend the university financially.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Piece of shyt troll :pacspit:

Go troll somewhere else

How is that being a Troll.

It's called Pan Americanism, lets some students go over to Nigeria also to learn.

I went to an HBCU and we did not hv study abroad programs for Black American students, to travel to Africa, but other international students can come to my HBCU.

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
The counterpart of this program is the American govt funding American students to go learn in Nigeria.

However, I see your point of view. Countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Sudan, and Tanzania should be abke to fund a program for Black American, Caribbean, and Brazilian students to study in Africa.

Yeah bro I already know that. Like I said in my 2nd post, I went to the TETFund and I already knew they are paying for the students.

My question was are the Nigerian schools going to accept Black American students and allow them to go to their schools. Yes, you can hv the funding but are they going to accept the Black American students

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah bro I already know that. Like I said in my 2nd post, I went to the TETFund and I already knew they are paying for the students.

My question was are the Nigerian schools going to accept Black American students and allow them to go to their schools. Yes, you can hv the funding but are they going to accept the Black American students
Why wouldnt they? Is there a ban on Black American students in Nigeria that im not aware of? :patrice:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

Lol

People really don't know how fukked up the rest of the world is :mjlol:

But this is probably due to the travel ban.

Scholarship is one of the few ways Nigerians can still get a US visa so they're about to start cashing out to encourage schools to take more Nigerian students.