More Women choosing 6-figure trade jobs over college 👀

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
What does it say about a first world developed country where young people willing and able to go to universities can not simply due to financial means, that should be shameful and distasteful to any sensible person, we can do better than that
That happened when Colleges decided to become migration factories.

US Universities market themselves for Global Talent pushing up tuition rates for all and lobby for increased Student loan forgiveness.

Half of these open enrollment "colleges" should be shut down or converted to community colleges.

Daps
Are these 6 figure jobs outliers are the norm is my question. I asl because I saw some guy talking about sheet metal workers will make 100k and after doing research every job I saw was paying like 30k - 50k.
They can make money depending on the job, but probably not right away.

Lotta times these articles will compare a 23-year old tradesman to a 23-year old college grad. Tradesman has 5 years of experience and is possibly starting to make bank while the college student is just getting started. It's Apples & Oranges.

Not everyone is college material BUT not everyone is trades material either. If you're mechanically inclined...go trades. Some folks are just lazy and scared of Multivariable Calculus...so they avoid college